Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: KD/WL ratio?

in reply to Optimusbanana93

3kd, 2.1 w/l, 450 spm here...

K/D could be better but I seem to find myself on the objective more than I should (given my slaying ability).  What can I say... The win is always priority.

Sitdownbia

Play the game to enjoy it I had a 2 w/l ratio and 2.5kd playing solo, and most of those losses were from joining late games or host dashing etc. However I've given up on w/l because playing solo for the win is to aggrevating so if I join a game and it has already started or certain maps like drone,express I just leave because I really don't like those maps or do I want to waste my time. I enjoy getting as many kills as possible and have increased my spm to over 500.

Sora_v21
Highlighted

This game is a connection based scam and w/l is ruined by late join BS and lag. Top it all of by not giving people a medal for camping to devalue their crap stats and you got the most arrogant community on earth.

SanAndreasPsych1

KD doesn't really prove anything , that just shows how good you can camp for high streaks but I would say the W/L is more important then KD... That's my opinion

FuZe9752

I might get a lot of hate for this and I know, that CoD BO2 is not really played anymore, but I believe this counts for every single CoD game, but also BO2 in particular.
Some people here claim that K/D is entirely meaningless, but that's actually not the case in my opinion. K/D and W/L have a meaning, they just don't mean everything or most of it all.
When I played Leagues and Clan Wars or sometimes even Pub against very good opponents I tend to check on their stats.
But I don't just look at their K/D or W/L I look at the grand scheme of their stats and when you do that, you actually get an incredible overview over a player, even though there are some blanks that you can only fill while playing with or against them.
The essentials in my opinion is what mode they play the most, since that has a great influence on their ppm/spm , their spm/ppm, their W/L rate in that particular mode, their last played match K/Ds (since when it states 0.00 it means they rage quit or quit mid-game, which a lot of K/D tryhards do so they don't ruin their K/D against better players), and also the weapons they play and those individual K/Ds.

Someone can have a good K/D and a very low ppm, which means they are likely to camp or hold positions, a high K/D and ppm would mean that they are aggressive and skilled in gunfights, which isn't always good, but it helps sometimes.

A high or low ppm mainly tells us how active or objective based someone plays (which of course also depends on the mode).

I also noticed that people who play a lot of TDM tend to be quite a bit worse in terms of gunplay, smart plays and objectives, while very active S/D players are more skilled.

S/D players who have a high W/L rate are very dangerous in any mode, because no matter their ppm or K/D (even though good S/D players are usually above 1.2 and someone with a below 0.7 KD may be carried) they know how to play the maps in any mode, they know how to outmove you and are most likely more skilled in 1v1s than you are.

When I used to play S/D very actively and with other very skilled players, we joined a TDM for fun and everyone would call us hackers, simply because we used wallbangs, grenades and utitility in a very casual way for S/D standards, which still seemed to completely surprise the TDM tryhards.

Of course people who troll tend to have a lower K/D, which is why you look at individual weapon stats, because if someone has a 0.9 K/D ratio, but has a 1.35 on most assault rifles then he is most likely not bad at the game, in fact quite the contrary.

K/D is also influenced by the guns people use, assault rifle mains are likely to have more kills than Sniper mains in objective gamemodes, which has an impact but to assess the skill based on that you have to see their playstyle and need to be informed about the difficulty of Sniper play or gunplay in general.

AVimH

Studios