Joining Session In Progress...

Black Ops II Xbox 360

Then it proves my point, you have no friends, because nobody backed out to pick you up, otherwise you'd have known what I was originally referring to.

xMRxNemo

You have no point.  I have no clue what you are talking about.  Your first post is completely useless and aren't refering to anything but "JOIN IN PROGRESS."  So how about you just straighten out your post SO PEOPLE KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.  Help us all out here and edit your original post in DETAIL what is happening and what you are doing.

P.S. If I don't have friends, then who do I play with in parties 99% of the time?

Vrruumm

okay i see whats happening here... Everyone... stop feeding the troll.

deamonomic

Possible.. but that doesn't take into account the games already out there.

What becomes of the lobbies in which people quit? They just stay empty with one team at a deficit with no players to fill that space? For people  having a good match to deal with not being able to finish that match because the other team left?

That is what people fail to see. No Join in Progress = More unfinished games.

My suggestion has always been to show the person joining the situation. Show them the score, what team they are on, and give them the option to either A) Select a Class and Join the Game... or B)Back out without penalty. Once they choose to join the game, leaving would result in a loss.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

The games already in play wouldn't be joinable.  You would have to wait until the game is over to join.  It might make the game run better, choose hosts better, and even improve the connections.  As the game sits right now if a teammate quits then it could make the game one sided anyways.  I have been in games where a full team of 6 will join a game that is 190-50 in Dom and they back out too.  Why not just end the game after people are not on the other team, just make it an instant forfeit instead of waiting 20 seconds.

Vrruumm

Well, my reason would be simply that I don't want games to be constantly ending just because I am playing well and people can't handle a loss.

Just isn't ideal at all.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

But it worked well for Halo for 7 years.

Vrruumm

What are you smoking son? This is in regards to the annoying "Joining Session In Progress..." message you get after someone leaves your party or gets killed because they accidentally team killed you. What's next, you're going to say to stop playing with people who accidentally team kill and leave parties? Kids these days.

Unable to join session in progress, please try again later.

xMRxNemo

Amazes me that you can't make an intelligent argument without stooping to insulting people.

They will never allow players who got kicked for Team Killing to rejoin that match. If they are TKing, they aren't being careful enough.

Finish the match, back out and pick them back up like normal people do.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

It amazes me that you can't grasp the logic of my thread, i'm well aware that if someone TK's you or dashboards then they should be penalized and have to wait until you either pick them up or you don't. Chances are it's an accident or someone dashboarded and you're backing out to pick someone else up. Why should you be penalized as party host with the dreaded "Joining Session In Progress..." message of death every time this happens. Get a clue.

xMRxNemo

Studios