K I'm avid at this series, I'm getting frustrated just like the rest of you, but there is some stuff that is frustrating me even more than the lag.
1) The frustration is breeding quick "fixes" that actually lead to excentuate the problem. I have to admit I fell prey to it before I did my research got yelled at (by Mac of course) and inevitably found out as they implemented patches my game play suffered more. All the bridge your connection slow your upload yadda yadda yadda actually in theory atleast just sticks you w/folks as latency filled as you are now, it won't work in the long run.
2) This is a big one PLEASE READ DEVS!!!! I have had more unable to modify session, could not migrate host, error session has ended messages just trying to get into a room, I have the search setting on best always but I do play with people across the US typically 1 person in cali (hence the long range ping test) 2 from texas 2 from ohio/MW. so we are spread out. However these error messages are occurring even with just 1 or 2 people in party. So match making is to me at least broken...
3) When a match is finally started I have had the displease of finding ou even though I selected best that the other team has mostly 2 and 3 bar people........(See the prevalence of issue 1....) I am not catching host either even though I'm the only 4 bar in a room, this leads to multiple host migrations during the match which is counter productive to the new system eh? I honestly feel that match making is actually leading to most of these bad "lag experiences" so far.... And oh yeah I experience them everytime I play.
4) You've heard it once you've heard it a million times lag/hit detection is terrible but again I feel it's more of a match making issue as opposed to a "the game is broke" issue.
5) Spawn system....really guys? I get what your trying to do but have you watched some of the games? Literally the only way not to get flipped/revenge spawn is to:
a) throw betties charges ect. EXACTLY on the spawn point where you spawn, even this only works maybe 70% of the time.
b)have your ENTIRE team sit back in the spawn........
This has the opposite effect of actually promoting camping, common fellas work out the spawns cause with the smg war gong on in the game all you have are rushers casing dots to the other side of the map. BIG issue IMHO.
To summarize I'm not gonna spout 90meg UP DOWN and complain that my connection is great so I should be to, BUT match making should stick like connections together and in my week playing the game this is not the case. Also for you dumbasses INTENTIONALLY screwing your connection up I hope the next patch nulls it because you are in fact adding to the problem...... Good luck Devs but for real work out the match making/latency issues because at this point a loyal CoD fan can not WAIT for Patriots to come out :-)
Some things that helped me cope with lag:
Take your weapon of choice.
Play versus veteran bots, 7 on their team and 4 on your team and play objective games.
It doesn't improve the lag, but it improves your survivability -- your ability to dodge bullets and find working cover, and you learn the spawns.
Try to win at all costs, ignoring your life.
Treat them as whetstones, and consider yourself the blade -- run into them untill you're capable of cutting through solid rock.
Positioning, knowing the current spawn and taking good routes for your weapon is extremely important in this game.
Maybe if there was at least a basic acknowledgement by Treyarch that there is a problem with lag in the game and that they are working to fix it, people wouldn't be trying to create quick fixes? Again, just like last year they are trying to pin the issue on the users. New terms like "bufferbloat" are being thrown out there to confuse people and make them think the problem is on our end. Well, its not. Its the same thing as last year. Our pings are being artificially adjusted to "balance" the game. It didn't work last year and it won't this year.
you're not going to get an acknowledgement on this issue at least.....they will slowly roll out tweaks to the netcode in the coming weeks maybe months. I just know right now it seems as if the match making problems are contributing more towards sour matches than code induced lag.
So the thread I commented on before was deleted after I lost it with a guy saying "route your connection thru a laptop to get lag comped"... This is the problem. Everyone wants to work around the issue and put in the quick fix instead of giving the devs( myself being a software developer[not a game developer] ) bad data. You cannot implement a true bug fix for an issue without accurate data. In a lot of ways, it IS the users that make the issue much worse than it should be. And before I get flamed... I am NOT A COD FANBOY. I totally agree that all of this should have been caught in testing, but it wasn't. Stop trying the quick fixes people... Maybe things will be sorted out. Just my two cents...
The have had 7 years of good data with past call of duty's. Stop making excuses for them.
With implementation of any new code, there is new data to be gathered. I'm not making excuses, or trolling, or being a fanboy, etc. the only thing that I am saying is that someone exploiting a weakness in said code implementation causes the data to be inaccurate and thus makes it much more difficult to implement a true fix for the issue....