Black Ops II Xbox 360

He came, found his peace and left.

We came, said our piece

And again,

And again,

Stuck in the quicksand,

Welcome to no mans land.

Ss78_

I feel like in MW2 people had so much more fun playing. You never really heard about KD's or anything, maybe its because its the first time i ever played COD was when i picked up MW2. I use to play for fun back then and just run around knifing/throwing knifing people (lol commando ftw), but seriously i didn't even know i had a KD ratio.

At some point, so many players got cought up with having a good KD and being "the best" or always having to be at the top of the leader board, and COD became extremly competitive (Still is).

When you kick back, relax, and just play to have fun. not play to be the best, the game does become more enjoyable. I enjoy seeing the odd person running around doing something stupid and going 5-30 simply because you know that person is having fun and just playing to get some laughs.

Bottom line is; there just isin't enough players that simply play for fun.

ElitePepe

I still don't think there's much wrong with the game that can't be fixed by leaving the game you're in and joining a different lobby. Most of the frustration felt, for me at least, comes from other players and not the game itself. When I miss mw2 I go play it, same with the first black ops...mw3 can stay in my bottom drawer.

A few tech probs that theyre working on & need to be a bit more vocal about.

I had the most fun on this game the other day when I wasn't trying to achieve anything, I was just running around with a pistol having a laugh.

It would be nice to see more fun elements introduced to the game such as when you max out your prestiege you get promoted one last time to six star general & unlock a nifty George Washington wig for your guy to run around in...and some n64 goldeneye throwbacks like paintball rounds for when you just want the enemy to blush & mandatory big head mode for people who cheated...The intro vid the first time you play the game is a little heavy on the gritty drama, I had to find my happy place after watching that. But yeh, recreational games are supposed to be played for fun.

greatsirkain2

Good post. I wonder what the bell curve would look like if you tested the link between IQ and people who think the game has no flaws. I have an educated guess as to what it may look like.

Nubdub

Invalid_coderef_3321 wrote:

It seems the more in-depth and techy gamers are the ones who have the most to gripe about when it comes to the game.  (leaving lag out of discussion, as this would be an obvious deal breaker for even me, if I was experiencing bad issues with lag)

The more you know...the more you have to complain about.

I would consider myself quite ignorant to much of the technical/in-depth issues of the game...thus making me a very casual gamer....and I don't have hardly any complaints about the game.  I find the game fun as hell.  I still pull top in matches 95% of the time, so I see absolutely no reason to dive head first into in-depth statistics and issues with the game.

It is nature. Like you say, "there more you know, the more you have to complaint about"  it is like that with any product, not only this game. If you buy brand new spanking car and you are not mechanically inclined, then you might not notice something wrong the the car right away, when a mechanically inclined person can detect the flaw right away.

The reason people complaint about products is well, because they can, and because they should. There are paying for either a tangible product or a service. People have the right to complaint. You will hear complaints left and right and not all of us might like all of them, but they are valid to that person.

What most people want other than a overnight fix to their issues, is the need to be acknowledge. Unfortunately, the companies involved with the game are not in the customer service business, so very seldom you will see any acknowledgement to any issues or complaints.

Like the great William Gates once said; "Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning."

Yet, very rarely anyone formally associated with this game gives anyone, any opportunity to be acknowledge.

LimonAgrio

LimonAgrio wrote:

It is nature. Like you say, "there more you know, the more you have to complaint about"  it is like that with any product, not only this game. If you buy brand new spanking car and you are not mechanically inclined, then you might not notice something wrong the the car right away, when a mechanically inclined person can detect the flaw right away.

The reason people complaint about products is well, because they can, and because they should. There are paying for either a tangible product or a service. People have the right to complaint. You will hear complaints left and right and not all of us might like all of them, but they are valid to that person.

some people THINK they know about it but dont

As for this game it is not a tangible product like a car or a vacuum. The people dont own anything related to this game, not even their well made emblems or he rights to their clan name.

The only time TreyArch makes something that doesnt suck is when they start making vacuums

Just kidding Treyarch.

starbuckfrack Level 72
Highlighted

starbuckfrack wrote:

some people THINK they know about it but dont

As for this game it is not a tangible product like a car or a vacuum. The people dont own anything related to this game, not even their well made emblems or he rights to their clan name.

The only time TreyArch makes something that doesnt suck is when they start making vacuums

Just kidding Treyarch.

Very true, it is very hard to know if anyone really knows anything about what they are talking about, but one thing for sure that has absolutely no correlation is high post count. I have seen countless threads here where people come in a try to discuss something and the get bashed by "post whores".  Like they are some kind of eminence and their words should be taken for granted regardless of how little sense they make. Yet on the other side, there a a lot of people here with high post counts who are very respectful of others as well. Not bashing, just pointing the obvious things you can see in almost every thread.

As for tangible or intangible, very true. Yet it is a product for which you paid. People here make the case for Treyarch / Activision by saying exactly what you are saying, "you don't own this, or that, or the emblems, or whatever related to the game". Reality is, that this defense mechanism makes very little sense, It is still a product for which you paid money and regardless of what any software license agreement was used, no end user agreement will ever remove any implied warranties that you may because of the law where you live.

Like with any other product it has it flaws, some of us enjoy it, others not so much, then some others just simply are never going to be happy.

LimonAgrio

More people gripe about things because today's generation (and to an extent the last two as well) suffer from a sense of entitlement. They believe that they deserve certain things which are not guaranteed provisions in life.

It's a sweeping statement on the surface of it, but if you stop and think about it, then it's hard to dispute. It's not just gaming, either. If you look at the wider world and take in everything from gaming to reality TV such as talent shows and the gigantic lines of wannabes they see trying to enter, the one thing the contestants have in common is the belief that they're destined for something better. They deserve it but can't qualify the reasons behind that belief.

Forums like this are examples of that on a far smaller scale, with posts screaming that if item A isn't fixed for user B, then they'll stop playing and there will be dire consequences for Treyarch.

DR65DR1

I think that you should stick around here for a while and let the negativity wash past you. You don't have to get sucked in to it.

Many of the members on here are like yourself, mature and eloquant. It is a good thing to have more positive people around.

I myself love this game even though I know for a fact it isn't perfect (or flawless). lol

I'm lucky because I am blissfully ignorant when it comes to the nuts and bolts of game mechanics and internet connections, and I also am an older gamer who can remember when games were very very veeerrrryyy basic in comparison.

Stick around and bring some more of that positivity. One more of us and one less of them.

COD_WIDOW

For some, it's just another way to be "into" the game they are already "into".

The same way I check these forums daily in the morning just because.

The same reason I watch videos of gun comparrisions and such.

If you were into cars you'd want to talk to other people about your new car

You'd know the "stats" of your new car

If you were really into cars you'd have a magazine subscription or something.

side note: 100 posts!  Now I can work on the challenges

xtraflossy

Studios