Black Ops II Xbox 360

Idea for snipers

Snce many complain about quickscoping, ( bare in mind i am not one of them) a potential idea came to me, (also if this has been thought of or explained i did a search and didnt find it) why not have the snipers do less damage the closer a target is, like 20 dam from 1-20 yards 50 from 21-40 yards and full damge from their on out.  I understand thats a ballpark rough number and might have to be coded as a variable depnding on map size.  With this change treyarch could put the quick ads time that MW has on the snipers, so for close engagements a QS'er would have to nail you 2 times for most close engagements and 4-5 at real close..but for standard sniping ranges just once.

I am thinking quickscoping would be gone if this was the case, forcing players to switch to a sidearm in cqb.  This is just an idea, like i said i have no isses with QS, unless a player is very good at it, i dont see it as a threat, to me a good QS is just as deadly as anyone who is good with any other weapon

thanks for reading

bigbufdastuf
18 REPLIES

Re: Idea for snipers

in reply to bigbufdastuf

Nope.  They already took away Aim Assist, what else do you want to get rid of to keep handicapping the snipers even more and more to the point it that everyone will be spraying everyone down with SMGs?

Vrruumm

in reply to Vrruumm

Was just an idea, not a nerf, snipers would still be 1 shot killers jsut not in cqb using a glitch..and i stated i dont care about quick scopers , i kill most of them easily...was just an idea open for discussion

thx for reading

bigbufdastuf

in reply to bigbufdastuf

Your idea is a nerf. That will basically make the sniper rifles unusable. They already don't have aim assist and there are only a few areas on these maps that are 40 yards or greater. If they do this then people will gravitate more to the SMGs and there will be less assortments of weapons used on the field.

Run_N_Gunning_C

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

Run_N_Gunning_Camper wrote:

Your idea is a nerf. That will basically make the sniper rifles unusable.

Not if you make large enough maps with good lines of sights that snipers can take advantage of surely?  Well, the LMGs are kinda nerfed in this game so making sniper rifles nerfed wouldn't be anything new.

SitRepPro

in reply to bigbufdastuf

What is this glitch that everyone is talking about?  Please show me this.

Vrruumm

in reply to Vrruumm

I think he is refering to quickscoping as a glitch.

Rednecksniper39

in reply to Rednecksniper39

Yes he is.

Changing QS won't help anything. If one thing people would probably complain more. If you cannot QS someone with one shot at close range there will be probably only one change in the game if it comes to sniping. Grabbing a semi automatic one and spray them down wich most players hate even more.

dweez1988

in reply to dweez1988

with low damage at close range, they would have to get lucky with multiple shots...by then any compitent player would kill them, they should switch to a sidearm...the only other thing to fix QS is to make it where snipers cant fire till fully zoomed in, and remove hipfire from snipers...i dont care anyway i play HC and there isnt really a QS problem there...i was just seeing the threads alot and figured i woudl chime in

bigbufdastuf

in reply to bigbufdastuf

Like you I think that snipers should not fire until fully ads, no blank sceope, black scope, no scope, or hip firing them. No jump shotting either with them. But will never happen in this game because of everyone that would cry it was too unfair.

trialstardragon Level 70

Studios