I have seen the light

Black Ops II Xbox 360

If Black Ops 2 is the only FPS you've been playing online for the last two months, I want you to do an experiment.  Play another game, any game, online for an hour.  Try any Halo, Battlefield, Medal of Honor, or even any CoD game before Black Ops.  If you have a PS3 try Killzone or Uncharted.

Then go back to playing Black Ops 2.  I guarantee you'll be disgusted.  If you don't think there's a problem here, I don't know what else would convince you.

I just spent a while playing Assassin's Creed 3, Halo 4, Modern Warfare 2, Battlefield 3's new expansion, and even Planetside 2 and Chivalry on the PC. Dedicated servers or not, I just can't take what happens in this game at face value anymore.

You would think that with 300,000-500,000+ people on at any given time, I would have no problems finding people to play with.  I live just outside New York City, which is typically the brightest spot on that in game map.  Instead it seems worse by the day.

I sincerely wonder if the next iteration will make a move to dedicated servers, or if they'll actually address the networking problems.

As it is, I'm on the fence about buying the DLC, and I've been playing this series since it came out on PC with United Offensive, across multiple platforms. This would be the first time I don't throw my money at Activision.

Am I the only one that thinks they have one more shot at saving this series' competitive multiplayer potential before it's reputation is permanently scarred by lag and network issues?

Recluse1
6 REPLIES 6

CowboySr

I play Black Ops 2 often.  My fiance' is stuck on still playing stupid MW2.  When I play MW2 now, I hate its guts (if it had any).  I feel like I'm moving in quick sand on that game (not referencing lag, just the movements in general). 

Anyways, not bating a "battle", but I disagree, as I am not disgusted with Black Ops 2 as a whole.  I do agree there is a ton of sh** to fix though.

TH3_IT

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the game as a whole.  I have very minor gripes, but overall it feels good.  The weapons are fun, the killstreaks are interesting, the objective game modes are challenging.

I'm really only speaking in regards to matchmaking, lag, inconsistencies and networking.

I just don't see why their multi billion dollar franchise gets it wrong year after year, and fails to acknowledge the issue.

Recluse1

The objective in MW2 is to not getting hit by unlimited noob tubes flying around across the maps.

FixBlops2

Yeah I did the other day went back to MW3 for a few games having not played it once since BO.2 and I was astonished ! It was as smooth as silk ! And felt exactly like BO.2 eg. Graphics ,way you move etc only slight difference was the hit detection . You die faster in MW3 .

Now if BO.2 played like that I would be as happy as a pig in $hit . Lets hope they fix the problems soon .

smokesdope

Its always the same when a new Call of Duty comes out, the last was the best. When BO1 came out, MW2 was the best, when MW3 came out, BO1 was the best, when BO2 came out, MW3 was the best. And people will say the same about BO2 when MW4 will be out.

FixBlops2

Studios