I can't play in the same match with my roommate?

Black Ops II Xbox 360

modem: motorola sbg6580

isp: twc

Both of us have an open NAT

we can both get online at the same time, and play different matches simultaneously

however we cannot play in the same match together and sometimes cannot be in the same party together.

Any solutions?

III_CrookS_III
2 REPLIES 2

III CrookS III wrote:

modem: motorola sbg6580

isp: twc

Both of us have an open NAT

we can both get online at the same time, and play different matches simultaneously

however we cannot play in the same match together and sometimes cannot be in the same party together.

Any solutions?

Im assuming you have not touched the router or have just port forwarded.

couple of things to try..

1) assign each console a perm ip address in the router admin page

and as it sounds like your problem is you need to use port triggering not port forwarding , two consoles on the same conenction can cause a few issues

Maccabi Level 75

Do not use port forwarding- you have to use port triggering for multiple devices.  My cousins had this same problem and I had to find a way to fix it for them.

Find a guide to port triggering for your router, and set up static IPs for each Xbox.  Go into your xbox settings and rename each device so you know which is which when you see them in your device list on the router.  It isn't totally necessary, just helpful in identification, especially if one works and the other doesn't.

Also, test your connection- are both consoles wireless?  In our case, one console was behind two cinderblock walls on the same floor as the router, while the other was directly above it.  We used a wi-fi repeater to take care of that issue.

ChronoZombie

Studios