How good is the FAL OSW?

Black Ops II Xbox 360

This has go to be the best and most versatile weapon in the game. Its good on small medium and large maps. Equipped with stock and adjustable fire rate IMO it simply is the most productive and returns most kills. The shot accuracy from hip fire is also ridiculously good. Anyone else have any opinions on this weapon.

I have also tried the SMR with the same attachments and its not as accurate (too much recoil).

DaveW11
24 REPLIES 24

yeah its briliant, they have nerfed it a little bit since th update by adding recoil on the select fire but still a very good gun all other AR have too fast a fire rate for me but this is perfect my kd has increased since using it

whocaresnotme

Actually ive not used it since update. Are you sure they have not gone to far with Recoil? will have to try it out again.

DaveW11

i was worried they would have ruined it at first, it took me a game or two to get used to but its fine, i use it with target finder and with just a silencer and im getting as many kills as i was so you should be ok

whocaresnotme

its a shame the smr sucks so hard, Ive tried it wioth many diff class setups and the only one that really works it with the target finder and silencer

jessedart

I havent used it, i was unaware of it until i saw a video on here with a guy using it, he has target finder and select fire also he seemed to do ok with it so might try it out myself. the video was on the top of - games getting you angry taking/them too seriously.

something like that if you wana check it out

whocaresnotme

Yes, i'm actually quite dissapointed with SMR, i've even found the Grip attachment does not actually reduce recoil that much. I'm still running this though just to complete the acheivments.

DaveW11

the fire rate is too slow with the smr, shooting moving targets with the smr is a chore

jessedart

the fal is still ridiculous with hipfiring and select fire

even an SMG doesn't stand a chance against it in CQB, lol heck even SG's better hope they got a 1HK when they run in against someone with that ridiculous setup or they get mowed down in CQB

people complain about SMG's being versatile

well compared to the FAL they're even crap

NotablePie

No, the FAL is terrible. Stick to the SMGs and shotties. It's by far the worst AR, ever. Really, don't even try it. It's terrible. Smiley Tongue

Have they gone?.. Good. Woah, the frickin FAL is amazing!! Probably the best gun in the game. Seriously.

iCOMPACT

Studios