How can I become a better player?

SOLVED

Black Ops II Xbox 360

Highlighted

I'm very newbie to fps and this is my first game that i've had in four years. Any tips you can give me? Also how do I analyze the heated map <-- I think I spelt or said that word wrong but how u go on elite and look at the heat. Can someone give me tips on doing that also .

tsumi
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Id say start out slow, try a couple of custom games, get used to the maps and the feel of the weapons, then jump into the Combat Training play list, you can rank up to level 10 in there.

The main thing is learning the maps, where everyone goes, chokepoints etc. If you find yourself struggling, slow down a bit, you dont have to rush out everywhere all the time, check out where you are, and where your teammates are.

Also keep checking behind you every now and then, the spawns are messed up and keeps spawning the enemy behind you a lot of the time.

Welcome to the world of CoD btw, it'll annoy the hell out of you a lot of the time, lol, but its all good! you'll get there

narcotic_jamie
11 REPLIES 11

learn the maps quickly

banned-again

Play in Custom Games against the Bots. It really helps to learn the maps, practice setups, and work on accuracy and aim in a low pressure environment.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

low pressure hahaha have you seen some of the stuff that the bots do ive been cheapscoped by one and i went up against one with a riot shield and it got me a few times with that axe thing

banned-again

But at least when you die you aren't letting down other players, getting yelled at, or dealing with the other craziness that occurs online.

Helps one learn the game without the community getting in the way.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

true but have you seen some of the crap the bots come up with specially on the hardest setting ive even seen them dive out the top windows on nuketown ive got to say the are a big improvement on the brain dead zombies you had to deal with on black ops

banned-again

Oh definitely. But I usually have them on the lowest setting because I am only working on learning streaks or figuring out setups.

If I want a challenge I play Pub, if I want to just mess around I play the bots on Recruit.

To me, Combat Training on Black Ops was a Godsend for two reasons. 1) helped me learn the maps, guns, setups, and killstreaks (I was terrible with the Valkyrie missiles at first. After practicing with them on CT I could run those things through windows) and 2) It was good for playing on after I got too tired to play in Pubs.

I hardly do it anymore on BO2, mostly when I want to try something new out, but for the OP it may really help get a grasp on movement and map knowledge.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

true that, even the lower dificulty bots throw there grenades etc perfectly, turn to aim even before they round corners, wallbang you, yes even quickscope.

i also love how a 6 man team of them will still spam rockets at killstreaks like a groundwar team would.

i do have to make a little gripe that they ignore restrictions on launchers and other things.

MrSuppressioN

In all honesty, the Elite heatmap won't help with much. The best thing to do while playing the game is to watch out for the places that most activity goes on. Learn where all the chokepoints for objective gamemodes are, know all the places to throw a frag.

You will pick most of it up as you go, you will just suddenly get the hang of it and probably won't realize. Another good thing to do would be to watch other players gameplay through the theater mode. If you see a player who is racking in the kills and want to know how he did it, load up your last gameplay in theater, switch players so you are watching his perspective and learn the tricks of the trade, so to speak.

You will eventually be at the top of the leaderboards most games.

EDIT: Custom games won't help you much because friends gameplay is predictable and is not the same as a live match. Don't care about your KD as it means literally nothing. Just go straight into Multiplayer live matches, you will learn faster.

NicholasCage

Id say start out slow, try a couple of custom games, get used to the maps and the feel of the weapons, then jump into the Combat Training play list, you can rank up to level 10 in there.

The main thing is learning the maps, where everyone goes, chokepoints etc. If you find yourself struggling, slow down a bit, you dont have to rush out everywhere all the time, check out where you are, and where your teammates are.

Also keep checking behind you every now and then, the spawns are messed up and keeps spawning the enemy behind you a lot of the time.

Welcome to the world of CoD btw, it'll annoy the hell out of you a lot of the time, lol, but its all good! you'll get there

narcotic_jamie

Studios