Hardcore Modes: more game types and inclusion of ricochtte

Black Ops II Xbox 360

So I just got Blops2 and I'm severely disappointed in the lack of hardcore game modes. With how large the hardcore community is I thought for sure there would be more, but I guess I was wrong. Also, I'm finding the lack of ricochette highly annoying. it seems whenever Iam working on my scorestreaks I get team killed and then they reset. I personally would love to see ricochette back and more  game modes for hardcore. Anyone else have these same feelings or maybe a different opinion?

nubguru
15 REPLIES 15

I personally never liked ricochet.  But I do think that scorestreaks should not be reset if you get team killed.  Especially as you get idiots on your team who will spot you are 10 - 0 and then do it on purpose.

As for more game modes I think we have more chance of p***ing on the moon.

UK ScorpZ

Let's say that the scorestreak does not reset. I would go 10 - 0, then just have a teammate kill me so that I can have more ammo, better vantage points, etc. Where is the problem in this, right?

ThRe

Excellent point! We better just enjoy this game cause ricochet is coming back in MW4, at least that's my opinion given the track record.

Restore_Hardcore

Ah good point!

to be honest in this COD there's not many occasions I do that well anyways lol

UK ScorpZ

i HATE riccochette. The way it is now I have always preferred.

as far as game modes, FFA would be nice.

xmrythem

True, ricochet is kinda a pain, mostly when your brainless teammates walk in front of your firing gun, I figured it would make people think twice about trying to be jerks and killing you as you said being 10-0 just to do it. If they implemented it to where being team killed won't reset your scorestreaks same as not counting as a death, then I say forget ricochet. As for the game modes, I strongly agree with xmrythem HC FFA would be great, I would also love HC Domination and HC Multi-team, and maybe HC Ground war for large team based game modes. 

nubguru

i could see ground war, but HC domination will turn into a larger camp and spawn rape fest than core is atm.

xmrythem

i didnt find this to be the case in MW3. at least not in my locale. HC DOM seemed to be highly objective driven by the players here. it was quite the rush.

r33k

If they did this it would be an even bigger problem. If team kills didn't reset your streaks or count as a death it has essentially become a tool for combat as a free team teleport. I.e. I am 1 off my dogs, here comes a hellstorm that I cannot possibly avoid, I tell teammate to shoot me before it hits and I survive the HS missile with my streak in tact. That would quite possibly be the death of HC all together as people would just use this as a get out of death free card.

Imagine a game starts, I tac my spawn and rush the enemies spawn, we have now flipped the spawn, instead of having to backtrack the map, have my teammate shoot me and teleport to my tac behind the enemy and shoot them all in the back for a really high streak. Not a good system at all.

Ricochet is the only answer imo. Don't want to die from shooting your teammate, learn to move without being in a straight line maybe? lol. I played HC alot in MW3 and probably had less than 5 suicides the whole time. Don't want teammates getting killed by your streaks? Pick streaks that it's harder for them to die by. HC has it's own set of useful items/weapons/perks/streaks. This is nothing new and won't ever change. So either keep getting shot and killed by teammates or get ricochet back. Those are really the only viable options atm.

I personally don't feel that any teammate should have the power to kill me. Your bad aiming and careless firing at an enemy should not end my streak, but end yours.

JSlayer211

Studios