Found something related to the connection issues

Black Ops II Xbox 360

I was playing on Carrier and everything was fine, everyone had a 4 bar and then mid game a player on my team ragequited and he was replaced with a new player, it was a 1 bar player and then the trouble has started, for some unknown reason he dragged the whole lobby down without being Host, i did suddenly started to lag and after few seconds his connection bars went to being a 3bar, his connection was very unstable and every 10 seconds his connection went down to 1 bar again and every time his connection was 1 bar he took the whole lobby with him and i started to laggin again, and he was not Host.

I've watched the whole match in Theater Mode again with the Scoreboard open and it was  like i said, everyone had a solid 4 bar till this guy joined the lobby and dragged everyone down.

Can someone explain me please how a single player who joined mid game can affecting the whole lobby with his 1 bar connection without being Host?

I think the problem many people have with this game is not the Lag or Lag Compensation. Its the Matchmaking and the players with bad connection affecting the whole lobby for some unknown reason.

FixBlops2
22 REPLIES 22

I have noticed that the connections have been very unstable as well to where it feels ok, then all of a sudden you can't kill anyone and vice versa.

WEBMASSTER1

The connection is changing mid game even without  Host Migration. Its not just a normal lag spike, its a permanent change like the game is recalculating the priorities.

FixBlops2

I think the player should be kicked from the lobby if he has a bad ping or unstable connection.

Griefbot

Yes, definitely. The connection was perfect till he joined the lobby.

FixBlops2

Its lag comp. since that guy had a bad connection it compensates everyone elses connection to make it more "even"

Pilsburybatboy1

I've heard IW has fixed this in MW3 after 8 months. Why can IW fix this problem and Treyarch not. Is this in Black Ops 2 on purpose to expand the DLC sales among the people with bad connections?

FixBlops2

That is not how lag comp is suppose to work (to my knowlegde).

I find this very despressing if its true. Out of personal experience you might be right aswel....

puzz

Yeah, its not lag compensation. Its something i can't explain, something without a name and people use the term lag comp because they don't know how to call it. But i fully understand what he says.

FixBlops2

it's some sort of "smoothing code" as the term used by IW when they talked about the issue in mw3.

darkwitness

Studios