Found something related to the connection issues

Black Ops II Xbox 360

It's most likely an unstable connection to the host which is why you saw his bars dropping to red.

I'm not sure if lag compensation is proactive thorugh out a match, or if it's a fixed value started before a match.

Dyn4mics1

Dodgy connection or lag switch maybe?

Ss78_

Good point.

OP: When you watched it again in theatre, did you look at it from his perspective?

gary_mico

Yeah you got to watch out for the latest cryogenics perk that some people abuse.

Ss78_

Yes, he skipped every second, kinda teleporting. I don't think it was a lag switch.

FixBlops2

You can ONLY lag switch when you are host. The only way it can work is if you can "pause" the other players connections.

propipe

Good to know, never tried it myself hence the lack of insight. All I know is when in a battle and then the connection drops to red bars and then I fall dead mysteriously there's a ??? Moment it could be that. Or there's some guy talking in my team or the lobby about it and the red bar thing happens periodically. Some guy posted a good example the other day though.

Not into the sevensins crowd myself but each to their own.

Ss78_

I remember bringing this up in the MW3 forums. I asked if they averaged the pings because how can a new player affect everyone's connection when they're not the host. They assured me that wasn’t the case. Lately I’ve noticed that when I'm near a player with a bad connection I hiccup (lag) around that player.

I've played games where everyone had steady, full green bars and the game had a constant hiccup every so many seconds. It would last the entire match with no host migration. The rest of my team experienced the same thing.

Many of my games the player with yellow bars (one guy) is second on the score board with the guy above him full green bars always does extremely better than anyone else in the match. If this was an occasional thing it wouldn’t mean much but it happens almost every game. Yellow bared player in second and one guy on his team green bared is untouchable. If both teams have one yellow bared player it’s a wash. Don’t know if this has anything to do with anything. Just found it interesting.

Who knows...

djtn

I had a match on Yemen with a 2 bar players on the opposing team, it didn't looked like he lagged on my screen but he was so hard to kill and he instant killed me 9/10 times. Then i watched the whole match in Theater Mode again from his perspective and he was skipping and teleporting like crazy, why is he skipping in Theater Mode but not on my screen in the game? i believe this has something to do with the lag compensation is set to high in this game, it smooths the movements of the players to much, it gives them kinda a advantage cause they skip frames but on your screen they don't. It shouldn't be like that. Players who skip frames should have a disadvantage, not a advantage.

FixBlops2

This has been happing since Black Ops. One guy with a bad connection can knock the hole lobby out of sync. It's even worse for the host of the game. In MW3 when I hosted, if one guy was lagging my game would actually stutter. Would also stutter when someone would join mid game.  Why isn't there a cutoff of how much a connection can try to be synced up with the rest of the lobby? This is the root of our lag issues with this game.

Youngnoble

Studios