Executioner needs a buff.

Black Ops II Xbox 360

No, it doesn't.

_SoCoOoToT

I would love it if they added an actual revolver to the lineup.  the .44 magnum from MW3 would be nice.  I could wreck with that gun.  There is no point to having a shotgun pistol in this game when there are already shotguns.  The Executioner is useless. 

Maybe if they added a slug attachment or something to make it shoot bullets instead of a golden shower of fail I would probably use the gun.  But like I said. The gun is totally pointless. A huge waste of game space.

asianman12

What I would like to see with the Executioner is the ability pick between the 28 gauge shells or .45 round so it would have the range of a self defense weapon which it's suppose to be but have good range of a .45 pistol.

pepsiman34

It does not need a buff it works fine if at the right range for it. It is a shotgun pistol, so no it should not have the range of the other pistols or the python so get over it. Stop expecting the guns to be the same in every game that comes out. Change is good.

trialstardragon Level 70

Don't be so obtuse.  No one is asking it to have the range of other pistols.  The gun has an effective range of no more than 10 feet it seems, and barely at that.  I don't know about you, but I believe a 12 guage shotty can kill at least 30 feet out.  Probably further with the right ammo.

Bottom line, as someone said before, this pistol is a complete waste of space.  What sense did it make to put in a pistol that is essentially a smaller shotgun?  OH and also a shotgun that can shoot farther (KSG/slug)?  The gun should behave in a similar fashion of other guns in that class.  Making it pretend to be another class is just stupid.

Overall I agree, the Python would have been a better fit.  I miss my old Python with ACOG.

mcdonamw

The pisto is not a waste of space it is meant to be used differently than any other pistol. I am not being obtuse, just there is no reason to change it. Just because you liked the pythond does not mean it always had to be in the game and always would or always should. Change is a good thing, copy paste and keeping the python would be stupid. And no it does not have to work like all the other pistols just because it is a pistol... You are the one being obtuse by thinking that.

trialstardragon Level 70

IMO there really is no point to adding a shotgun pistol when there are already shotguns to use. It is the #1 pointless gun in the game. Hell, the Shield is better than the Executioner and that thing doesn't even shoot bullets!

asianman12

You have to keep in mind. The. executioner is a shotgun in pistol form. It uses a small shotgun shell and an extreamly short barrel making the small shot inside the shell less effective at range.

With a shotgun the shorter the barrel the wider the spread of the shot. Which means at close range it is really easy to hit a target. But damage and accuracy suffer greatly and quickly at range.

The executioner is as it should be really. If it were any better I think most would forgo a shotgun all together and pick something else to run as a primary.  Its well balanced actually.

BlarkW

Studios