EMPs are OP/Broken, does NOT take skill, Proof inside!

Black Ops II Xbox 360

How is the range fine when compared to the alternatives in the tactical grenades section?

Do you not see how it is rewarding players with piss poor aim?

miroku21921

You mean like having 50 round magazine SMGs?  But, in all seriousness, the range is quite big and it's spherical.  I don't how big the radius is though.  The other tacticals can't be compared by range because they do different things.  Plus, if their range was smaller, you'd see a lot more shock charges and bouncing betties on maps.

SitRepPro

*Shock charges --> All lumped under tactical mask. Even without tactical mask => Insane loud crackling noise so you can shoot it.

EMP on the other hand, you just get EMP'd. EMPs really shouldn't have such a big range BECAUSE THEY CAN GO THROUGH OBJECTS, is the point that's being made here. Flash and Stuns on the other hand you have to actually land them in the general vicinity of the enemy player. You can't land it on the other side of the bus and have it affect them.

miroku21921

Yes this is how electromagnetic radiation works.  You need not remind me that Shock Charges are as loud as Tesla coils.  Friendly shock charges are bloody annoying to hear.

If they didn't have the range they do you will see more 'camping worms' on Hijacked.

The flash and stuns have to be more accurate because you then have the chance to get an easy kill with users who aren't using Tactical Mask.

SitRepPro

You missed my point about two properties that EMPs have over flashes and tacticals:

1) You can hurt yourself with an EMP but NOT have the effects of EMP on yourself. IF you stun'd or flashed yourself, you would be under the effects as if an enemy threw a stun/flash at you.

2) Given how large the spherical range of the EMP is (and that it goes through several walls), it's a little ridiculous to award players such that the effects of the EMP on an enemy player are the same regardless of their distance to the explosion of the EMP. The same can not be said for flashes and stuns.

miroku21921

And you forgot that EMP genades are mainly for killing equipment, not making it easier to kill people with your gun like flash and stuns do.  If this thing is so outrageous then just quit.

SitRepPro

I understand it's mainly for killing equipment, but it doesn't change the fact that it also affects players for a long period of time, and I'm saying that time should be related to how far the explosion was from you.

miroku21921

Yeah, cause how many people even try to aim with any tacticals / lethals.

It's called grenade spam and it's not going away I'm afraid.

TheSurgeon83

Except if you don't aim with flashes and stuns you won't be able to get the proper effect. A stun or flash that lands further away has less of an effect on the enemy player. An EMP grenade that lands 500000 feet away from the player EMPs them, period. Even if the player is on the second floor of a building and you throw an EMP that lands outside the house.

miroku21921

Now this i call bs, yeah if you throw it at a wall and the guy is behind that was it will affect them, but if your on the 2nd floor and someone throws it below you it doesn't effect you, stop, you sound like a little kid looking for attention.

wtcwarrior

Studios