EMPs are OP/Broken, does NOT take skill, Proof inside!

Black Ops II Xbox 360

Highlighted

EMPs are OP/Broken, does NOT take skill, Proof ins...

Hey guys,

So recently there has been an influx of players spamming EMP grenades (but before you disregard this and just say "USE HARDWIRED, EVERYTHING HAS A COUNTER", just read on and watch the clip, its got all the proof you need), it has become more and more obvious just how broken these guys are. The range on them is ridiculous, and thereby awards players for bad aim.

Here's my point summed up perfectly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi-Y0KF7SDQ

It's a 19 second clip, just watch where the EMP landed and tell me how that's not insanely broken and rewards piss poor performance, skill and precision.

EDIT:

I'm using the video as a means of showcasing the ridiculous RANGE on EMPs, to begin the discussion on the fact that:

1) Firstly, as the video shows, EMPs have ridicuous rnage.

2) With that kind of range, it rewards players NOT for precision (as you would do when using flash or stuns), but more for just chucking in a random direction and mindlessly throwing them off spawn.

3) You can EMP yourself, but it goes away INSTANTLY. You CAN'T do that with your other tactical alternatives --> Stuns and Flashes.

Do you guys see the discussion I'm trying to build here? Please don't focus so much on the video of me getting KILLED by an EMP so far away, focus on what I'm trying to get you guys to think about, which is the risks + rewards of using such a tactical grenade.

EDIT 2 - SOLUTIONS:

Someone asked for solutions, so I posted this below:

Regarding solutions:

1) Reduce the spherical range of EMPs.

2) If NOT reducing the spherical range of EMPs, then have it be similar to Flash and Stuns, whereby the underlying effect is correlated to distance from explosion to affected player. In other words, the further away the EMP is, the less effect the tac grenade has on the affected player. I.e. -> in this case, less time under effects of EMP.

3) Self-induced EMPs should affect yourself the same amount of time it would affect an enemy player. The EMP effect should not go away after a split second, just as how self-induced flashes and stuns don't go away right away either.

Personally I would prefer if EMPs didn't have the ability to go through walls. I know that doesnt make sense given what "EMPs" are supposed to do, but that is besides the point. I think either of those three points above are sufficient in itself.

miroku21921
78 REPLIES

Re: EMPs are OP/Broken, does NOT take skill, Proof...

in reply to miroku21921

Oh and I forgot to mention, how come self-induced EMPs only affect you for a split second? That does NOT make any sense either given how your own flash and stun will affect you a long time for poor placement.

miroku21921

in reply to miroku21921

That was funny! I'm sure it happens all the time right? Some ppl live for these moments just to put it on YouTube and have one more thing to complain about.

Restore_Hardcore

in reply to Restore_Hardcore

Love the sarcasm..., No, genius, I'm not saying "EMPS ARE BROKEN OMFGBBQWTF BECAUSE LIKE THEY KILL YOU FROM EVERY DIRECTION ON THE MAP"

What I'm trying to say is, the rewards for a player running EMP is far too great given its alternatives. You can't throw a flash or stun outside of a house and affect everyone in the house. You can't throw a flash or stun at yourself and happily walk away with no effects one second later.

I'm looking at this from the perspective of, the range on these guys are broken, and the video does just that. The EMP landed OUTSIDE the house and yet affected someone inside, even managed to kill them. That just should not happen. It does not reward precision.

miroku21921

in reply to miroku21921

EMP's never effect me because I always run HW, you know, the perk to counter them.

CR4IG

in reply to CR4IG

Great post bro, I already said don't reference Hardwired. That's not the point of this discussion.

Tactical mask can easily counter things like flash and stuns, but that does not speak to the properties of either tactical grenades. Stuns and flashes can be intrinsically broken/OP. Just because you can run a perk that disregards the effects of those weapons, doesn't mean they're not broken. That's just slapping a big band-aid over the problem and hoping the issue will go away eventually.

miroku21921

in reply to CR4IG

Didn't watch the video at first because no embed but watched it there and see HW would have no effect on that situation, after watching it I would have to say you shouldn't have died through the wall but its not that big an issue.

CR4IG

in reply to miroku21921

I don't see the problem here. You'd taken a lot of damage and the grenade went through the door and exploded almost directly underneath you, a range of what, 2 metres?

The main problem with that video is that the guy spawned close enough to throw it at you, nobody should spawn within grenade distance of an enemy.

TheSurgeon83

in reply to TheSurgeon83

I suppose the fact that tacticals shouldn't really have any lethal properties to them.  I mean I can kill people in hardcore mode by throwing the sensor grenade at people.  But yeah, I hate it when I spawn too close to anyone, even if I get the kill because I've never really 'worked' for it.

SitRepPro

in reply to SitRepPro

The spawns are still the only game breaker for me, sometimes I can second guess them and work out where someone will come from and end up killing the same guy 3-4 times in a row. Nothing worse than killing someone the hearing a Semtex come over the wall from the player you just killed. Slums is the worst for this.

TheSurgeon83

Studios