EMP Grenade vs Black Hat... or another tactical?

Black Ops II Xbox 360

I used to run the shock charges, not as much now but they are fun and effective as well.

How do you deal with how visible they are? I seem to be able to beat these easily with Engineer and they usually help me spot enemy location.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Thanks Drew for a good thread.

I use the BH or shock charge. Actually I didn't know the EMP did all of that. I haven't even tried it.

On another note...I haven't used the sensor grenade either. Is it useful....or just a tool to camp?

jasonroloff

Same, havent used EMP or Sensor Grenades. I did die from one and it surprised me. I thought it was just meant to find out when an enemy is near but I got blown up. I dont know if it was from that or something else but whatever it was it was effective on me. haha. 

Reaper1287

in hc the sensor grenade is useless unless a uav is up.

trialstardragon Level 70

Sure thing Jason, figured might be a nice break from the negative posts.

The EMP is really fantastic. Not sure what game modes you play, but may be worth a try.

As for the Sensor Grenade, never used one nor had one used on me, at least to my knowledge. But I play HC so there is no Mini Map, no real need to use it.

Would be interested to hear from anyone who has used it as for how they use it and who can tell us if it is effective or not.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

I play a lot of DOM so I also use a lot of smoke grenades.

I'll have to give the EMPs a try though. I really just thought they were effective on Guardians,sentries, etc. Didn't think about it stunning the enemy or taking out enemy attachments.

So....what is the duration of the effect on enemy attachments? As long as say a stun/flashes effect?

jasonroloff

I have never timed it but it lasts a good 30 seconds or so, maybe less. But you get the same screen as when you get EMP'd... fuzzy edges and red dots, etc are dead. Slows you down momentarily, after that movement is free, but you stay fuzzy and electronic attachments are dead for about 30 seconds.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

jasonroloff wrote:

I play a lot of DOM so I also use a lot of smoke grenades.

I'll have to give the EMPs a try though. I really just thought they were effective on Guardians,sentries, etc. Didn't think about it stunning the enemy or taking out enemy attachments.

So....what is the duration of the effect on enemy attachments? As long as say a stun/flashes effect?

It last ~15 seconds or so... they also cannot call in any streaks they may have.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

I see more campers using shock charges.

nflfenatic

I used sensor grenade for a while and abandoned them after a while. These have got to be the worst tactical peice of kit available

DaveW11

Studios