EMP Grenade vs Black Hat... or another tactical?

Black Ops II Xbox 360

On my knife only class I use 1 sensor grenade and 1 shock charge along with scavenger. Sensor grenade shows enemy position similar to Orbital Visat and when it explodes it creates a small emp blast that destroys enemy equipment.

It made getting my bloodthirtsys with the combat knife a breeze when combined with a well thrown shock charge.

ShaneDog1

I've been using black hat a lot. Primarily with my shotgun class and engineer, since that is what I run around the most with. So I always run into claymores, c4, or bouncing betties, and it lets me hack them real quick while running in. But why not just use tactician and get both EMP and black hat? I think I'm gonna go make a class like that actually.

creaper21
Highlighted

i love my black hat. For one....you get to snag care pakcages from a safe distance. I love throwing mine away from me and snagging them safely or killing idiots that run for them. Secondly, I get tons of care packages people have fall out of the map or on roofs. I got a swarm this way on hijacked, someones care packages bounces waaaaay up in the air and landed on the top of the boat. Thirdly, 9/10, when I hack equipment, I got you. You already know the person is going to be coming to check, waiting for you, or just an idiot that didnt notice. I come around the corner ready, and usually drop the person 9/10. Fouthly, yeah...hacking turrets and stuff through walls is awesome. The EMP's are nice, but in some situations, its hard to get to a good points to throw it in, and alot of times with the black hat, you can hack from a safe spot.

I also love hacking bouncing betties through wall and having them go off because a team is camping in one building, then it kills several of them at once.

With scavengers, bouncing betty and black hat, i usually have so much equipment around the maps, its hard for the other team to run well. especially if anyone isnt using engineer.

In the end, i think its a real personal choices. Im sure some people swear by the EMP. Well, I swear by the black hat.

Projectmayhem10

Definitely good points. I do enjoy the black hat, but I don't run CPs ever... so that isn't part of the equation for me.

As for finding good angles, I enjoy that aspect being a long time Frag Grenade fan. Kind of like the challenge of getting a good throw. But I have also found that they are so powerful, you just need to get it in the area. They will even work through walls.

Like you said it is really a matter of personal preference and what suits your playstyle. Lately I am finding the EMP grenade more to my liking, but I still enjoy the BH as well. Interesting that nobody has really made a case for the other Tacs thus far.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

nicedrewishfela wrote:

Wanted to get the community's take on Tactical Grenades, particularly the Black Hat and the EMP Grenade. I started this game using primarily the Black Hat, but have recently been using the EMP Grenade more often and really enjoying it.

Black Hat- Just plain fun to use. Nothing like zapping equipment and rushing in to take out whoever may be camping or posting up nearby. Useful on streaks as well, unfortunately abused by some to steal from teammates. I think what has dampened my enthusiasm lately is the "Your Equipment has been hacked" announcement. Seems to render the device useless, plus seems the point reward isn't all that strong.

EMP Grenade- I loved the EMP grenade in MW3, and was glad to see it return. Ironically, I didn't really use it much in spite of that my first two prestiges. Now on my third I am really appreciating it more.  Seems that one downfall of the Black Hat is that it can only be used on one piece of equipment, and folks in this game tend to load up areas with multiple Betties and Shock Charges. The EMP grenade just wipes them clean away, plus stuns and disables the attachments of the user. It seems I get a ton of points as well, 50 for each piece of equipment and for any kills on players I stunned with it. Downside is obviously the risk of a bad throw and hitting teammates with it in HC, but it seems that when I throw it, opponents have no idea where it came from and creates more confusion than the Black Hat. They know their equipment was destroyed, but from where?

So I realized this morning that these are the only two Tacticals I am currently using. Any feelings on these two and which you think is better or prefer to use and why? Is there a tactical out there I am missing the boat on that I should be using? Interested in hearing your thoughts on the various tacticals in this game, as in my personal opinion I feel they are actually useful in this game, where in the past I felt they were somewhat of a throwaway.

EMP grenade...6 days a week and all day Sunday.

My most used piece of equipment... mates can equip Hardwired... destroys everything (even hellfire missles if timed right)... annoys the hell out the enemy... they're great.

Try this for fun on Hijacked...

Equip scavenger, tacticiam wildcard, concussion and EMP grenades.

Oh... the rage.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

I bet you get some great reactions.

You've used it on a hellfire? How'd that work and how'd that come about?

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

nicedrewishfela wrote:

I bet you get some great reactions.

You've used it on a hellfire? How'd that work and how'd that come about?

Total luck... You get a sound cue there is one and you can see the missiles coming down... I threw it at them...

... and it's only 125pts... hahahaha.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
RAN Kismet Level 75

That is fantastic. If I ever get a chance may have to try that.

I did see a video of someone sniping a Hellfire out of the air once. One of those awesome only in COD things.

Used to crack me up when the Preds would hit a Trophy in MW3. Hear that swooshing sound of the rocket soaring in.. then POOF. Gone. LOL

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

i used to run engineer/black hat, now switched to endgineer/emp with scavanger....its amazing...just chuck EMPs left and right, rack up points

sneed867

Studios