Changing Geographical Region & Moderated NAT

Black Ops II Xbox 360

When you go to options and press back then you see some informations about your Xbox like IP, Bandwidth, NAT Type and Geo Region.

You can change your Geo Location by changing the Region in your Dashboard options. I don't know which impact it has on the Matchmaking yet but in other games (Gear of War 2 to be exactly) it helped with finding better lobbies when changing the region in dashboard to UK (when you live in Europe).

And if you have problem with your NAT sometimes being Open and sometimes Moderated even when all the Ports are Open in your Router then change your Xbox Region (and maybe Language: I changed it to English) to a different Country and do a Network Test, if NAT is still Moderated then change back to your Location and test again. I don't know if it will work for you but it did worked for me. I have NAT problems since 2 weeks, for some unknown reason my NAT is getting Moderated and i don't know why, changing the Region did fixed the problem.

FixBlops2
11 REPLIES 11

I would really suggest to people NOT to go changing your Region around. It can cause unexpected problems with DLC and things along those lines.

Not in any way hijacking or trying to destroy your thread. Just FYI.

starbuckfrack Level 72
Highlighted

No problem, good that you have mentioned it.

FixBlops2

I dont think it will recognize you region change anyway.

If you are having trouble with Mod NAT and all ports are open then restart you router.

jasonroloff

and no disrespect but if this realy does work its going to upset more and more people who are haveing a hard enough time with match making as they being forced to play on the european contenent which they dont like or want

lastrich

For some reason my NAT is constantly fliiping between open and moderate.

Has always been open, constantly, for about two years...last few weeks it's reverting back to moderate almost everytime i switch off/change games.

Router settings are not changing, im not losing settings, and shows all ports still open correctly but

still getting moderate.

Just open my router admin and looking at my settings (no changes need to be made) is usually enough

to return my NAT to open.

Have no idea why this is suddenly happening.

Is there a specific region for UK in xbox/BO2? Ithought UK is classed as Europe in those settings?

Noodle_Sensei

uk is now classed as europe now you are correct thats were a lot of the uk gamers problems lie i feel with connection issues with respect to your nat type check your mtu value set it to 1500 wich is the maximum and that your router firewalls are turned off

lastrich

Yes, i think UK should be UK, not tied to the whole of Europe.

As for my MTU value, BT HH3 (my router) is set at 1500 and cannot be fiddled with, yet.

Cheers for the tip though.

Noodle_Sensei

You are from UK? try to set region to Irland or France, German, Spain. It shouldn't affect the Matchmaking but it could open your NAT, it worked for me for what ever reason.

When i start my xbox the first thing i do is i go to network and test if my NAT is open, if not then i change my region and test again till my NAT is open.

FixBlops2

I set mine to Mars so I can play with red dirt

ShaneDog1

Studios