Canada players...

Black Ops II Xbox 360

Do you experience a constant lag issue when playing with players from the USA? I'm curious because every Canadian player I run into has 2-3 bars and is nearly impossible to kill from any angle. It's not anyone fault here but I noticed this is an issue with ANYONE from a country other than my home country of the United States. I'm singling out Canada here because we're not far from each other and yet this game seems to make it feel like we're a million miles away.

I've never had this issue in any other game. Sure, United States players cause this to me too but not as bad as a country outside of my own. There is no exception to the rule. My friend from Canada confirmed to me that this is his experience with the USA so I'm curious if anyone else. I was just in another game with 4 people from Canada and they wouldn't die. In fact, they were top of the room and unstoppable even from behind.

KrylonBlue
7 REPLIES 7

I am located in Edmonton Alberta, I always hold a 4 bar, 25/2.5up and I lag constantly, I get one lag free game 1:10 or 1:12 ( which does not seem to be lag free, it seems I have been given a hall pass ot own the map ).

I get lag in Halo 4, I get lag in Far Cry 3 ( small player base ) however it is not every game, it is not every gun fight. Most matches lag is minimal and has only costed me a few deaths.  I do not get what the issue is, I would prefer it to be corrected. ~ Cheers

IllusionGames1
Highlighted
in reply to IllusionGames1

This is why I ask because even though it makes no sense it feels as if the game loses all sense of pings once the country is left. As I said in my original post, I was able to play games such as Halo 3, Halo Reach, Halo 4, Black Ops, Modern Warfare 2, and Battlefield 3 without any issues. But now with Black Ops II and some what MW3, I will notice that person who appears to be unstoppable on my screen is from a different country. I highly doubt it's the connection of EVERYONE from a different country but there is something going on with this matchmaking system. This is all happening when I play alone.

When I play with a friend it doesn't matter where someone is from. I lag even if it was all my neighbors.I am located in Illinois and he is in Florida and yet when he is party leader I continue to get random skips multiple times per game and constant 3-1 bar. When I host, he gets this same issue. Both of our connections are fine. It runs fine for me when he is given host but like crap for him because he is host.

There are so many connection based issues within this game that I don't have the time or will power to digest them all.

KrylonBlue

Indeed, what is not working in this game I have no idea, Halo 3, Halo Reach, Halo 4 all play flawless, there is lag of course, but not like in Black Ops 2,  Far Cry 3 I do not even think is fair to compare with as the player base is so small and the graphics are fair, with that said, due to the small player base, you end up playing with people all across north america, and it still performs very well.

Indeed there is alot of connection issues in the game, many are affected very differently, some are untouchable, some have no hope in hell, some it is random, why? who knows why. Do we really care why or just want it corrected? 

IllusionGames1

Corrected, obviously.

I'm just baffled as to why any of this happens. I want to be able to blame myself so I could then go and fix the issue but it's not me as I have checked everything possible. Oh well, I'm waiting for Gears of War Judgment and playing Battlefield 3/Halo 4 at the moment. I'll play Black Ops II as a secondary casual style game because I honestly think this non-sense is making me turn into someone I don't want to - The Incredible Hulk.

KrylonBlue

I just posted in another thread, lag and hit detection and this kinda of experience has always been there, it is experienced in Halo, Far Cry 3 , Battlefield, all games, the difference in black ops 2? It is for many of us, the majority of the lobbies we play and the majority of the gun fights, for some it is the complete opposite. As well it is random per match on who is affected and who is not.

Does it have to do with the way the host is selected? How far each of us is from the host, bad code, I do not know. I do think it would be highly additive and a fun game if they ironed out the connectivity issues, however in the mean time I will play Halo 4 and watch TDM 209:4 game plays from Elite Black Ops 2 YouTube Channels. ~ Cheers

IllusionGames1

I'm a Canadian player and don't have any real lag issue. Sure there will be the odd time where a game lags and it switches hosts or where maybe one player on the other team is glitching all over the place but it is fine 90% of the time for me if not more.

TBERGER5

Yep same problem here with canadian players. I live in Ohio so I see them quite often pub stomping with their 3bars in ground war. This game has some serious issues that need sorted. Last night I had the luxury of being the 3 bar stomper for one match and its unreal. You feel completely unleashed like your playing against retarded bots. Whats odd is Ive also had a few host advantage games where the lobbie is all 4 bar. This game is just so random you really cant tell how your experience will be until you play for a minute.

KITZTER1

Studios