COD and the lack of teamwork/team players.

Black Ops II Xbox 360

Highlighted

Far too often(when I'm not playing with my clan) there seems to be a major lack of teamwork and team players. Several times when playing demolition I ask for cover fire while I'm planting or defusing, no response or cover fire and I end up getting killed. I don't care about my KD or rank, I'm playing to win the game and have fun. Once i planted a bomb 13 times in 1 round of demo because eveybody else were worried about their own personal stats, rank etc and didn't want to die.Of course everybody wants to do good individually but winning should be #1. Even when I play with "randoms" ill do whatever it takes to help our team win. FFA is perfect for those that are lone wolfs and only care about themselves, but if you're not playing FFA I encourage players to be a supportive team player and play to win.

Swaggin412
17 REPLIES 17

Its true. People put themselves above the team.

The guys I play with are all about the win. 5 of us played with a Random who went 3-18 today, but we pulled it out in spite of this. He apologized for his play, we told him as long as we got the win it was cool.

People think numbers make you good in this game. I think playing hard for your team is a much better indicator, and that can't be measured in numbers.

"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Individual stats and numbers are very misleading, I think being a team player and playing to win makes you a good player. I'd rather have a guy on my team that goes 10-50 with 10 plants or defuses over the guy that's 40-3 and doesn't touch The bomb or go near it once the entire game.

I like players to join my clan that are team players and play to win, I don't care what their individual stats are. I also realize I can't win every game, nobody can but if I do good personally and still lose I'm not satisfied at all. I'm open to suggestions and strategies to help my team win, also to me its alot more fun being a team player. Once back in MW3 me and 5 other clan members played a game of demo. We all went negative(except one person maybe) were we excited about that no, needless to say the other team kept taking trash about how much we sucked and how good they were, even though we won 3 games in a row vs them...

Swaggin412

That last part is what gets me. People are just nasty to eachother on this game.

Played with my friends before work today and we mopped up the other team on HC TDM in Overflow.

Their leading scorer was 20-9, everyone else was badly negative on his team. He just said, in a very defeated voice "Man, my team was no good". I pointed out that by running through the middle of the streets with SMGs they really hurt their cause, and it was to be expected.

One of the headless SMG chickens took affront to that and started spewing his stats. In fairness, he was the leader of the Lobby Leaderboard, and proceeded to shove that in our faces. We basically told him it didn't matter, my take is that you are only as good as your last game.

I play to win, I do what I can to win. Since I play TDM, yes I try to stay positive as much as possible as that helps my team win. But some of my finest matches were ones in which I went negative. Sometimes I came back from starting the match getting annihilated, and in others I was able to break through the enemy's defenses and turn the tide of the match in my team's favor. So yeah, I went negative.. but in doing so I helped my team win.

The other factor is, I just like playing with good, fun people. My crew isn't world beaters by any sense (we do have some amazing players, but most are just guys playing because they like to play), but we have a lot of fun together, win or lose.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Yeah you sound like you're a player just like me, except I play demo and you play TDM. People bragging about their stats is just stupid to me, nobody cares. I never understood why people brag when they lose, why would you brag about being a loser? Unless you play FFA you win and lose as a team. Yes people are nasty and very immature, it's a video game I understand but no need to be a d-bag about it.

I've lost games before and told the other team good game(not being sarcastic) and they still feel the need to trash talk. It doesn't hurt my feelings but it does get obnoxious. If I have a really good game and win I don't feel the need to trash talk the other team, it's pointless.

Swaggin412

Winning is nice, but give me a team that plays to win and I'll take a loss, we will have done our best.

Playing with idiots that are won't back you up on the objective because they're scared to die or spend the game trying to get 360 quickscopes I have no time for.

Not going all out for the win is actually insulting to your team mates and those you play, it is considered unsporting and are just as damaging to the game as cheats.

sweatyclam

I agree I can take the loss if everybody were atleast TRYING to play to win/the objective.

Swaggin412

i think its easier to stomp out others when your playing w friends or a clan, had you been playing w randoms that gentleman at the top of the leaderboard would have mopped the floor w you. ive played games and noticed the stats on some of the other teams players and they were like .9, or 1.0, not that good and i got my butt kicked, i believe its because they were structered and had like 4 people w mics, buddys playing together w mics can cause havoc on random players.

chadburlington1

Well, no surprise that a good team will win a team game.

The point was more that he did a lot more to hurt his team than to help.

NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Its hard to say, some agree w you and some dont, some people rather have a good kd then win a game, if your trying to get in a clan are they more app to let you in if you have a better kd or w/l? prob. a better kd, me personally i like to win but if im playing w randoms i dont count on it to much, w my clan yes, other then that in random games as long as i play good then im set.

chadburlington1

Studios