Assault Shield is officially broken

Black Ops II Xbox 360

It was probably me...

The thing is virtually useless.

AudibleTuna

Did youkeep screaming at me in that kill talk thingy?

English_Johnnie1

Nopee.. I always keep my cool. I do say things like, "Hey, my shield is pointed at you", or, "Hey, eat bullets". But that's just because I know the enemy can hear me.

AudibleTuna

...I love the assault shield. Seriously. It's SO much fun to use... as long as you know you're going to die a lot. But once you get the hang of it...?

Seriously, its all about situational awareness, and KNOWING your shield: ie it's flaws.

I've been in situations where I'm backed into a corner, three guys are firing at me all at once, and not one is getting a hit.

You have to know how to use it,  you have to spec your class for it (x2 Stuns, x2 C4s). I run with a knife because well.. it's a hell of a lot faster than even a pistol and face it -when fighting with a shield it's always close range.

Flak Jacket is a must. Fast hands is a must. Engineer is a must. I get the majority of my kills with this class through nades - the ones they throw at me.

Just resign yourself to the fact that you'll only get MAYBE 2 kills with shield bashing per life - maximum. Your two stun sticks. It's the only way, man - unless you get someone who's simply not paying attention, or you spawn behind a camper.

Would reccomend dual perking for lightweight, if you can manage. Run with knife, dive, pull out shield, advance.

Do what me and a few of my buddies did. A phalanx of four shields, with one or two grenade launching AR guys using you as cover. - Literally won the game for us (on Nuketown, no less! Lol)

But yeah. I find it incredibly fun to walk up the stairs while being blasted at a guy from the top, only to have him retreat into a room, desperately trying to stay out of melee range of me. It's hilarious. He's got a FRICKEN MACHINE GUN. I got a hunk of metal xD'

Good times...

-Jedi-

"It's so much fun to use... as long as you know you're going to die a lot"...

That pretty much says it right there, it's broke.

AudibleTuna

Studios