Anyone think the R870 might be too good?

Black Ops II Xbox 360

By the same token, those weapons can spray n pray. The KSG cant. Miss, and against all but the worst noob/unwary players, you are dead.

Bielsalmighty

LOL the fact you think the KSG is OP says it all.

Bielsalmighty

You made me have to go play and see if I was still 'right'. I'll count my first 2 matches as warmup since I haven't used the KSG in a long time. The third match I was put into the middle of a FFA on Express, down by 13 and less than 5 minutes left. I went on a 12 kill streak just running around--not even camping--and then won the match. So yeah, I still say it's OP. I don't know if being primarily a FFA player affects my analysis or not. But when you consider the time to kill (obviously faster than any regular gun), the time to turn and kill someone else quickly (faster than any other gun), and the fact that you don't have to reload till probably 10 kills if you're good, how can it not be OP?

Apollo333

Your opinion would be different once you go and use the shotguns from MW2.

Considering that you hate shotguns, I'm assuming you haven't played MW2 and experienced how good those shotguns were. I'll also add that these were secondary shotguns.

BO2 shotguns have nothing against the MW2 shotguns

vims2011

Irrelevant.

Apollo333

No way... The lack of skill awarding a one shot kill (to noobs) this weapon requires is a joke...

That combined with lag comp, you got a bunch oif try hards thinking they got skills with that shotgun..

That never happened in BO1, MW2 or MW3.. The shotguns took a bit of skill (except the pre-patch model 1887's lol). With lag comp making the average casual gamer (who wouldn't think to invest in they're connection) a few hundred milliseconds ahead of where they're victim sees them, this shotgun is a ridiculous crutch, on top of the fact that the badly designed, flow-controlling maps make tight spaces the average engagement area.

Meh.. I hate this game, it ruined the franchise.. I put up with bullsh*t from MW2, BO1, MW3 but the good far outweighed the bad.. This game, the bad is so bad that it would have to suck my toes to even come close to having enough good to counter the game-breaking bad (hmmm breaking bad, wonder when second half of season 5 is on... I digress)

Sgt-Phasma

No way... The lack of skill awarding a one shot kill (to noobs) this weapon requires is a joke...

That combined with lag comp, you got a bunch oif try hards thinking they got skills with that shotgun..

How many players do you see using shotguns compared to SMG's in the game?

Also, do a comparison to players who have actually achieved diamond camo on shotguns compared to hipfiring, laser sight diamond camo'd SMG's.

One hit kills with the S12 & M1216 is tough coming from someone who is trying to rank up the shotguns.

Most of the shotguns in the game is actually difficult to do consistantly well with.

vims2011

I agree with you. I diamond upped the shotguns first and the toughest part were the OHK with the S12 & M1216. That being said, I think the S12 is underrated and to the right player can be more lethal than the Remmy.

Say you get a hitmarker with the R870 but die soon after because of fire rate time. The S12's quicker fire rate will finish the job after that first hitmarker.

JtinAquino

No its fine. We actually have some shotguns worth something again. The 870 is nothing close to what the spas 12 from MW2 with stopping power was. That gun was a rape fest. Just ask the great Sandy Ravage.

blb128

Shotguns are for people who are not that good.   That's why they use it....

jaysonsp

Studios