Anyone think the R870 might be too good?

Black Ops II Xbox 360

But Vims, didn't you know that all the maps are just a tiny room, so everyone is always within shotgun range of each other? It couldn't POSSIBLY be that people are blindly rushing into the jaws of a shotgun, or, heavens forbid this be the case, that they are actually being outplayed

Bielsalmighty

Because it takes a ton of skill to camp in a corner of a room or run around between rooms where you always have the upper hand. It's not possible to be "outplayed" by a shotgun because in any close range battle they're expected to win by design.

Apollo333

So? Corner campers will be annoying no matter what gun they use. If someone is running around in a confined space with one, and you know they are there, then dont go inside. Problem solved! Is there an objective in the building? Well, using a shotty to play that objective is a simple, logical step. Why not take it yourself?

More to the point, do you expect shotgun users to run around wide open spaces for you? Seriously, how can you complain about someone playing to the strength of their weapon? *facepalm*

Bielsalmighty

I'm complaining about the inclusion of shotguns at all; I think they should be removed. A corner camper with another weapon at least has to continue aiming at you as you run and you have a chance of killing them first. But the second you turn and see a camper with a shotgun you're dead, assuming they can aim.

Apollo333

And if they CAN aim, with the TTKs in this game, you'll be dead no matter what gun they have before you can react.

Bielsalmighty

Bielsalmighty wrote:

But Vims, didn't you know that all the maps are just a tiny room, so everyone is always within shotgun range of each other? It couldn't POSSIBLY be that people are blindly rushing into the jaws of a shotgun, or, heavens forbid this be the case, that they are actually being outplayed

Agreed mate.

I never complain when I get killed by a shotgun at it's CQC range. Also maps are a bit shotgun friendly considering they aren't large compared to BO maps.

The KSG does have good range however the trade off is that you have to ADS most of the time to get the kills. It is still the most difficult shotgun to do consistently well in the game.

vims2011

The KSG is an absolute bugger, and very inconsistent in my experience. Got it gold in two nights though, the CoD gods smiled on me in that respect. Took me longer to do the R870 LOL

Bielsalmighty

KSG + quick draw + long barrel is the most OP gun, assuming you stay in areas that you can get a one hit kill. And it's much quicker and easier than quickscoping. I won't use it OR the R870 unless I'm really trying to be a jerk because it's so unskillful.

IMO they need to take shotguns out of the game. They're like a trump card where you can only beat a shotgun with another shotgun (and the lag on your side). And I say that even after getting diamond on them.

Apollo333

If that setup is so "OP", why have I only been killed by a KSG 14 times in the 6 days I've played BO2?

If it's "OP" and easy to use, why is it that the community doesn't use it so much?

vims2011

Maybe because it's boring to stay in close range areas? IDK. I suppose it does take some skill to aim fast and make that first shot count. So maybe they're not "unskillful" kills but rather "unfair" because I know if I hit that first shot they didn't have a chance, whereas I could hit the first bullet with another gun but not control my aim afterward and they could still kill me.

Apollo333

Studios