I played a few matches of ground war today and the framerate is awful on some maps, it's almost like being host on Black Ops/MW3. Definitely needs some performance improvements in a future patch.
DA controls are part of the game, and they get aim assist, sticky reticule, and some ads snap. When I say ads snap, I dont mean like Metroid lock on, but if your reticule is an inch from the enemy, the reticule gets pulled over to the enemy when you go ads. Treyarch is going to have to look at it themselves, and see what they think. We are all going to vote for our controller of choice, but its Treyarchs job to come up with a balance that makes players of similar skill level, despite the controller they use, competative.
Nintendont, I hadnt played any ground war but I was worried that would be the case. Treyarch, you need to find some optimizations for the Wii U for a better framerate. I dont mind dips in framerate in single player, but online needs to be more consistent. With ground war, I had a feeling that 16 players could be an issue, as I have seen some choppy framerates even in regular TDM with only 12 players.
I think once Treyarch gets the Wii Remote settings back up to MW3 levels, the complaints about DA aim assist will fade. Think of it like stock car racing, you may have an engine capable or producing 700hp, and your competitor may have an engine only capable of 500hp. But the restrictor plate is going to limit both vehicles to 450hp. Thats the type of balance you have to have when you have mutliple controls schemes.
The ADS snap on DA controls only happens in Single Player on low difficulties, not in multiplayer. Test it if you don't believe me. It just appears like a snap in killcams/theater due to COD's innaccurate recordings.
Anyways lets not discuss dual analogs/aim assist anymore.
I have a feeling Treyarch is aware of the framerate/performance issues because ground war is supposed to be 18 players yet it's strangely only 16 on the Wii U version.
Sounds good to me. I think things will probably be fine once the cursor settings are brought back for Remote and Chuk users. Treyarch will figure it out if they need to do anything more.
Treyarch, fix the framerate in multiplayer!
I figure if it say it in every post I might get their attention. Or just really annoy everyone else here. LOL
Another problem is that mic compatiblity/detection for 3.5mm mics needs some improvements as well.
Alot of times it won't detect my mic or there's a delay. It's not the mic because it works perfectly fine on my PC.
Autosnapping works on campaign and zombies. (Its a good thing in both of those.)
Thanks for such an amazing game. You guys have been great with Nintendo consoles and we all really appreciate it.
I just wanted to mention a few things that could be fixed:
- This may have been mentioned already, but for some reason the Home menu cannot be accessed when playing Online. I don't know why as other games let you do this, but this is pretty important since the Home menu lets you access several of the Wii U's online features, like the Friend List and Miiverse. Think of it as playing Xbox 360 and not being able to access the Dashboard.
- Whenever I am in a party and want to back out to have another friend join using the "Bring Party" feature, everyone that is in the party does come back with me, but it only lasts for about a minute or less before they are all disconnected. Then they have to either back out to Campaign mode or reboot their systems in order to join back in. It's pretty messy. We all have Open NATs and we have all tried hosting, so something is definitely wrong/broken with this feature. However, when I just leave and disband the party and don't bring them with me, they are able to join back in fine, but even that is not 100%.
Please look into these issues as soon as you can. Otherwise, you have made another fantastic game.
3. Control complaints while scoping in with the sniper rifle, or calling in a kill streak due to clashing with other actions(inventory button): Issues with accidentally jump for cover/on objects, or picking up weapons, when trying to hold their breath with a scoped weapon, or calling in a kill streak, and accidentally picking up a weapon instead. An extra weapon pick up button is suggested, such as hold jump button.
I'd like to add to this, because this is effecting me. Some killstreaks (turrets, gaurdians) that you can put down, then move, are having the same problem. Its asking me to hold "A" to pick up/move but nothing is happening. My weapon pick-up button is left on the d-pad.
These are the things I'd like patched:
1. The Wii remote cursor jittering/jumping mentioned in this thread. When playing in multiplayer mode the cursor tends to randomly jolt in different directions while aiming or firing, making precise aiming at long distances nearly impossible. It's as if the cursor keeps teleporting instantly to different places on the screen with no apparent reason. I use dead zones on 0 and max turning speeds, and with that much sensitivity the problem is extremely obvious.
It's not due to infared interference or any other obvious problem, I have no problem using the Wii remote on the Wii U menu or
2. Scratch this one. There is an option to disable the camera lock, it's just not in the "controls" section. Add an option to disable "hold A to lock camera." MW3 gave this option and it would be very useful in this game; holding A to rebuild barriers in zombies at the moment locks the camera so you can't turn.
3. Add remote cursor sensitivity and cursor speed options. I know Treyarch is already on this, but the remote controls are unuseably slow and unrespsonsive until this fix comes. I tested to see just how much of the sluggishness of the controls is due to the lack of sensitivity by setting MW3's sensitivity down to 0 and it feels exactly like Black Ops II does now; just adding these options in (and fixing the cursor glitching!) may be enough to match MW3's feel easily.
I consider MW3 to have the best remote controls I've ever used and it's a disappointment to see this title fall so much shorter. I actually got motion sick from playing this game last night since the camera was so hard to control, and this is after 6 years of using the wii remote comfortably. There's no way I'm going online until these issues are fixed, and I don't even really want to bother with campaign or zombies with these controls either.
Message was edited by: nerrel