Prestige Question(s)

SOLVED

Black Ops II Wii-U

Prestige Question(s)

Noob needing help again.

First off, what the heck is "Prestige"?

Next, at first glance, prestige is unlocked once a player hits the rank of 55. At least that's what I'm reading. However, I see players who are playing prestige, but at ranks as low as 16. What gives?

Thanks in advance.

battlegun
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Prestige Question(s)

in reply to battlegun
Solution

Prestiging will give you a new rank (the emblem shown next to the number rank). In doing so you get put back to level 1 of your new prestige. Think of it as starting fresh but with the ability to finish new challenges.

syskokidd81
6 REPLIES

in reply to battlegun
Solution

Prestiging will give you a new rank (the emblem shown next to the number rank). In doing so you get put back to level 1 of your new prestige. Think of it as starting fresh but with the ability to finish new challenges.

syskokidd81

in reply to syskokidd81

Tyvm. All makes sense now.

battlegun

in reply to battlegun

Basically its to keep people playing the game, giving them targets and feeding the main draw that cods built around, levelling up. People just love to level up, its addictive as hell!

If you play LOTS prestige non stop or your just wasting XP - If you play a bit now and then, DONT, as you can just tinker around with diff guns etc, whatever takes you fancy.

s7ra1gh7upb3as7

in reply to s7ra1gh7upb3as7

Black Ops 2, you basically have to prestige. Older games made it more about what you want to do.

But prestige in Black Ops 2 is less like the older games, since you can always use everything in Custom Games and can keep anything you want each time.

Gatonom

in reply to Gatonom

It's annoying that they made everything into a pointless grind...

slosh3y

in reply to battlegun

Thanks all for the replies. I was concerned for a while. I mean I was in a room full of prestigers, whose levels were like 20 somethings, but they were taking my milk money and wiping the map with a$$. It all makes sense if these are the guys whove peaked and started with a fresh rank.

Gun Out.

battlegun

Studios