I plug in my headset to the gamepad,I hear people but I have no mic icon and cant talk

Black Ops II Wii-U

Re: I plug in my headset to the gamepad,I hear peo...

in reply to like2nap03

Yeah. I got a 2.5mm-3.5mm three ring adapter off amazon for 3 bucks and it's working like a champ.

nintendon_t

in reply to nintendon_t

I have no issues with my N11s. Just set the audio preset to SuperCrunch and the sound is fine. I don't even put it at max anymore ever since I made the change.

And what does this even mean:

"they only work for games that support audio from the gamepad"

All Wii U games support sound to the Gamepad, so this doesn't even make any sense.

Link23809

in reply to Link23809

Yeah I wondered that myself

BobbyMcGee

in reply to Link23809

I had the N11s for a day but ended up returning them. Even on super crunch/max volume they're not as loud as my Xbox turtle beaches on low and the sound is distorted because the gamepad audio quality isn't as good as regular gaming headphones directly hooked up to the red/white audio cables from the Wii U.

Not all games support playing all of the game's sound from the gamepad. Some games only play a few sound effects through it like Zombii U or force you to play on the gamepad to get all of the sound through it like Assassin's Creed 3. The official Wii U headphones are only going to be useful for a handful of games.

nintendon_t

in reply to nintendon_t

turtle beach headset for the wii u is awsome i dont know wat ur complaining about it works fine better then the afterglows which they dont work as well.

NkoSekirei
Highlighted

in reply to DevineLegend

the wireless afterglows dont have a working MiC atm.

nintendo didnt update the usb area to be able to be used that way.

i hope they fix it in an update.

easy 20 buck earbuds with a mic built in to the wire work just fine.

Elite King

in reply to Elite King

wireless works if you connect to Gamepad. Wired version only works for stereo sound.

GermanicMexican

in reply to DevineLegend

I have a question.  Which audio setting should you use for voicechat?  Will just audio to the TV work or do I need to do TV + Gamepad for my audio if I want to chat on a headset? 

like2nap03

in reply to like2nap03

I use the PDP Afterglows wired to the gamepad (gray cord). I have my settings under audio options to Supercrunch and TV + Gamepad. I mute by TV when playing with the headset. I use the audio on my TV when watching games on theatre mode.

LuRcHED

in reply to DevineLegend

I always wondered this. Why can't the build in gamepad mic be used? I think I read somewhere that the mic is too sensitive and can't be used for voice chat, but it works fine for Assassin's Creed 3 multiplayer. Albeit, you have to move really close to the gamepad for it to even pick up your voice, I think a toned down mic sensitivity for the gamepad mic would work and everyone can be communicating.

jliba12

Studios