Game searches locally now, this needs to be fixed.

Black Ops II Technical Support

Re: Game searches locally now, this needs to be fixed.

in reply to WellsNZ

I'm not  Flava Sprinkles OR an Customer Support Agent, but i still would like to point a few things out.

Black Ops 2 uses a P2P (peer 2 peer) connection type this means that if your a "host" you are "hosting" your own server. This can't be changed, however tweeks like what you describe can, and do happen from time to time.

Battlefield 3 uses Dedicated Servers. These cost a bit of money to buy, run, and maintain. This is why Treyarch most likely uses P2P servers.

P2P servers, in theory, can be as good as dedicated servers. This is only possible if a host has a connection and system performance that matches a server.

Level 4

in reply to BlueFusionSovie

and I'll point out a few things to you.

Black Ops 2 worked fine, now it doesn't for several people. Even though Black Ops 1 still works perfectly fine.

Battlefield worked fine, Battlefield continues to work fine.

Customers don't care about your explanation, customers care about things working and not suddenly not working.

I much prefer CoD to Battlefield, but I'll take the game that actually continues to work for me thanks.

Level 1

in reply to WellsNZ

I gotta ask, how do you think your playing on a global scale in Call Of Duty?

I'm not sure as to what "consumer" your reffering too, i'm a consumer and like listening to the developers talk about things to save their own rear ends.

as i have already said/hinted...

Black Ops 2 has always had lag/connection problems. Its safe to assume that Treyarch is tweeking the system with each update without mentioning it.

Battlefield uses dedicated servers in which is connected on a global scale. Call of Duty's P2P connection can't do that.

It's not my problem if the game doesn't work, I do not work for Treyarch/Activision, nor do i care if you like Battlefield more. I'm just trying to help.

Level 4

in reply to SecondBanana

Same thing happens to me...i live in puerto rico, before the last patch i was doing great i could find matches in the US with no problems...now i spend like 10 minutes to find a lobby and keep playing with same guys...ocaccionally guys from venezuela..and i have my search to "any"

its like Secondbanana said....places like US and russia have no problem cuz the places are huge XD but what about us over seas?

Level 1

Studios