Black Ops 2 Keeps Freezing My PS3

Black Ops II Technical Support

Try signing out and enter the game. then start a local match of whatever you want to play, wait till it loads in and then sign in while youre in the game. it works for me

Amospintes#7804965

I followed these steps but I can’t seem to stop it from freezing in the beginning cineamatic at the helicopter with the Activision logo to the left of it1ED82400-D923-4E06-83D0-DD4E9EAE5FCE.jpeg

G4ds

Dude....

I just started playing the campaign today (xbox360) and it froze in EXACTLY the same place.  Just a few seconds after being told how to duck (like I don't know how).  I am 'installing' the game from the disc now.  I'll let you know if that ends up helping.  Thanks for sharing your problem on here.  It took me a while to find anyone with this same problem.  Strange that it's on the PS3 though?

JellyBeanFTW

Hello JellyBeanFTW, sorry to hear about the freeze! Did you just purchase the game, or have you been playing for a while, and are jsut now playing the campaign?  Do you have the latest updates installed?  You might try clearing the console cache and re-downloading the title updates:

http://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Clearing-the-Xbox-360-System-Cache-or-PlayStation-3...

Thanks
^NM

Player Support

I cant even get the game to load past the helicopter that has Activision next to it in the games loading screen if I'm logged in to psn. If I log out of psn game works fine but wont load past opening scene if I'm logged in... can play any other game online.

JoshuaBlueEyes

Bro just had same problem with my 320gb ps3 but my ps3 Fan was going crazy when I started the game up I thought that's a bit funny so I had to open up the case (this wud void warranty sticker removal) take all screws out (bottom) security screws out with small hex with hole in tip ......flip ps3 .....lift top off gently ........to reveal a load off dust clogged up the fan lol .....use air compressor to blast dust out 👍.  laughing went past that part without probs and ma ps3 is so quiet except disc reading lol. and I can't believe people thought erasing everything would work ha ha ha u legends PMSL 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂👍🤓😎

pukkaz2k17

i got same problem and activision are refusing to give me a new copy of the ganme because it is to old

LuKeOuTiMhErE1234

Mine won’t even load to get to the menu screen anymore. Not played for a while and decided to have a go on zombies but as it goes through the treyarch credits at the start it then goes to a black screen and crashes my ps3. 

Emilyere28
@Emilyere28 wrote:

Mine won’t even load to get to the menu screen anymore. Not played for a while and decided to have a go on zombies but as it goes through the treyarch credits at the start it then goes to a black screen and crashes my ps3. 

I'm having the exact same issue. Here's what I tried:

• uninstalled updates and launched the game without the ethernet cable - WORKED
  • installed updates again and launched with the ethernet cable plugged in - FROZE
  • unplugged the ethernet cable - WORKED
  • unplugged the ethernet cable and used Wifi instead - FROZE

So the game has to be started without internet connection. Otherwise it will freeze on the loading video, before or at when the "Activision presents" logo is shown at the end of the loading video.

If you however plug the cable when the game has loaded up, it might freeze when the PSN has logged you in and the popup shows up for that. I seemed to avoid the freeze best by plugging the ethernet cable when the PS menu overlay is on top of the game and you're on PlayStation Network tab. It's also best to have the game already on the menu of the desired game mode (zombies/multiplayer) as once when I got it working under multiplayer, changing to zombies froze the game. 

So that seems to be working for me - sometimes, not always. It really seems to be random when it crashes and when it doesn't but it's online related, that's for sure. Furthermore, when you try to change to Zombies for example the game freezes yet again. So once you get it working it may or may not work very long.  This is totally unacceptable for a game that's still being sold at PS Store for a premium price of 49,95€ or $49.99 on the US store. I wonder if the PS Store version has these same issues. My copy is the standard edition disc and I'm playing on PS3 Slim 320GB.

mj156512
Highlighted
Got it working finally. Disabling Media Server Connection from Network Settings of the console fixes the issue. Stumbled upon this fix randomly while browsing NHL related forums and they had prevented NHL 12 from crashing by doing this.
mj156512

Studios