You know im right...

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

OK, i know what is going on, i just dont know why they dont fix something...

The way the matchmaking works is Score Per Minute, and you normally find yourself playing with people who have + / - 50 SPM than you...

I have nothing against that; the problem is, that this is the PRIMARY filter, and ping is not as important than SPM. But thats, OK - you should have enough players with good ping and close SPM and that is how the LEAGUEs work! You wait for a minute or 2, but you end up with players of "your rank" and also decent ping; which means NO LAG!!!

In Public matches however a lot of stuff goes wrong. It looks like ONLY the SPM is important; IGNORING big ping differences with players. YOU DONT NEED SKILL  OR ANYTHING AT ALL TO KILL PLAYERS THAT ARE 1 SECOND BEHIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also and i dont know why since it was NOT SO at start - but now you almost ALWAYS join in the middle or just before the end of the match, most of the time of course on the loosing side!!!

I need to state this:

The whole concept of the game changes if there is only 1 player with a bad connection or bad ping - that means that the LAG compensation has to begin... I could go on about this topic forever, but i will just say one important thing:

IF 1 PLAYER IS THE PROBLEM AND HAS BAD PING, WHY IN THE HELL WOULD SOMEONE PUNISH ALL OTHER PLAYERS WITH SIMULATING HIGHER PING!?!?!?!?!? WHY?!?!!?

That combined with lame spawning takes ALL the fun out of what should be a really great gaming experience. I like ALL the weapons, some maps are really good; the building system is nice; but face it, at the end of the day 90% OF US HAVE THESE SAME ISSUES, that need to be fixed ASAP!!!!!

1. LAG (COMPENSATION)

2. MATCHMAKING

3. SPAWNING

When this is fixed, then we can even talk about other stuff like OP weapons, maps, perks... Just fix this important things so that we can finally get a real feel of the game and its weapons!

Seeker_84_
2 REPLIES 2

Based on the information available to us, Public matches are based off ping and League play is based on skill. There has been no official word to the contrary

Ghamorra Level 75
Highlighted

I dont know what public matches are based off but if it's ping then they have it set up incredibly wrong!  In the UK I should not be playing players who are at least 300 miles away when there are hundreds of thousands within 100 miles!  I ping at 30ms on a server 100 miles away and 60ms+ on one 300 miles away.  It's a big difference.

sennalike

Studios