Why are shot guns soooo OP

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

Shotguns are not OP. You just cannot counter them. And any SMG in the game us a lot easier to use compared to the shotguns.

Raketti

I have to agree with most on this topic, shotguns aren't OP. I find them inconsistent

and that if you don't have a decent connection they are almost useless.  Check out the end of this little clip, perfect example.

-RJzIE

WhatzHisName

Hardhitta wrote:

It seem like all shotguns are soooo OP maybe treyarch should've made bigger maps this is unfair.

Shotguns are OP because people using AR's run blindly into close quarters... or heck, the concept of getting into a close-quarters situation even entered their head.

Too many people keep playing their AR's like their going to own the map. Even those with SMG's make the same mistake. If you're playing on certain maps, you can simply guarantee there's someone with a Shotgun in a certain area.

Here's a tip. Don't enter those areas...

Would you run down the center of Dome with a Shotgun? No. Then don't jump into the belly of Hijacked with an AR.

Therefore, they are not OP. But if you keep willing running into their barrels, they may seem that way.. Lesson over.

The___Professor

O. P.. you're a dip$h!t. -_-

mdm123456789

im guessing you dont use shotguns. they may be powerful up close but everywhere else they are useless. i whore them out of thier range all the time, the trick is knowing what engagements to create for the weapon u are using. if u got a shotgun then u dnt wanna walk down long sightlines just like if u got a sniper u wanna avoid close quarters. its really simple actually.

CallOfDutyFan88

u mean more of those bigger maps that community hates because its hard to find people that are not tucked away at a very long distance advantage point before the time limit? u mean another carrier, turbine, drone or aftermath? no thanks, i think maps like raid are perfectly sized and they should get no bigger than that.

CallOfDutyFan88

CallOfDutyFan88 wrote:

u mean more bigger maps that community hates because its hard to find people like aftermath, turbine, drone and aftermath?

Drone isn't hard to find anyone and you mentioned Aftermath twice, so there's only two maps that pose a problem and there's a reason for this.

Those big maps have a ton of sh*t packed into them. For instance Turbine, there are two cliffs with random mini mountains blocking view that you have to move around and there's a giant plane that's hard to look over. The map isn't big, there's just many obstacles you have to work around making it seem even bigger.

Maps like Array were perfect, there was empty space for long range battles as well as areas that were simple but kept CQC important.

Ghamorra Level 75

i edited my previous comment to be more coherent. turbine is huge. plenty of sight lines over or about 100-300 meters or so. its like 3 or 4 minutes to walk from one end to the other and that ridiculous. i believe raid is as big as the maps should get so everything from shotguns and snipers are playable. array would have been even better if it was cut down a bit as well but that was fixable by sticking to one side of the map, but if u died and had to travel through those very long sighlines to get back into the action it was a pain being killed by people u can barely even see at times.

CallOfDutyFan88

CallOfDutyFan88 wrote:

i edited my previous comment to be more coherent. turbine is huge. plenty of sight lines over or about 100-300 meters or so. its like 3 or 4 minutes to walk from one end to the other and that ridiculous

Hardly lol. Probably 30 seconds at most

Raid is actually big, but there's direct paths to each side of the map that make it seem smaller. I think it would be ok for all maps to be about that size, but I don't think it should be the absolute biggest.

They should get more creative with the maps. That's where a lot of problems come from, they're too similar to each other. I would love nothing more than to get together with the Devs and talk over map design, I have some awesome ideas

Ghamorra Level 75

well talk to them about making everything useable everywhere. overflow, plaza and meltdown are pretty big too but they accomodate everything from sniping to shotgun rushing fine. the maps i mentioned earlier do a poor job of accomodating other styles besides camping/sniping. even on maps like slums/hijacked/nuketown/standoff both sniping/camping and shotgun rushing can easily be succesful there. theres no need for them to create maps like turbine because snipers/campers are still gonna get theirs regardless what map u put them on. its rare that a match on turbine/aftermath actually ends by score limit because it simply takes too long to find people.

CallOfDutyFan88

Studios