Why are people so mean?

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

Welcome to the interwebs, if you didn't stutter they would just find something else to rag on you about.

squirt_magoo

The world is full of pr1cks unfortunately my friend.  And the online world see to be the gathering place for them all, especially because they know they can hurl abuse at people whilst hiding behind their headsets.  The majority of the kn0bs usually have no life and depend on the likes of cod to give their life purpose.

samialjabber

Whats your online Id? Add me. sauce0011. I'll get your back.

Betterthanu

Don't react to them - thats what they want - just simply Mute them and forget they exist.

Some go so far as to do the "Mute All Except Party" all the time.

I usually leave people unmuted unless they are blasting music or some kid randomly screaming into the mic.

Sstang1

sstang1 wrote:

Some go so far as to do the "Mute All Except Party" all the time.

I am now one of those people

samialjabber

I find myself doing it more when I'm in a party so I can hear my Clanmates.

Sstang1

The terms "no-life" and "troll" have extra special meaning in online gameplay. Pretty much all those people have issues in real life that either cannot be dealt with through medication/therapy or are a result of being neglected as children and seek attention in whatever way possible to make up for their social awkwardness.

This is why the Mute All button is the best, and probably only working, function of this game. People are losers, you'll never win since they've already lost everything.

h1r0l3r

The online gaming version of a keyboard warrior.

Internet hard-men who probably wouldn't say jack to your face.

While I'm on the subject, I've lost count of how many people are kickboxing champs. If I say "if I was stood in front of you, you wouldn't say anything" they usually ome back with "I'm a kickboxing champ" or "I'm black belt in judo"

llewellyn237_

llewellyn237_ wrote:

While I'm on the subject, I've lost count of how many people are kickboxing champs. If I say "if I was stood in front of you, you wouldn't say anything" they usually ome back with "I'm a kickboxing champ" or "I'm black belt in judo"

Quality

We must be playing against the same people!!

samialjabber

I also love it when I play at 10am and some jerk says "sat at home all day with no job you bum". It's hard for them to swallow the facts when I say I'm self-employed, choose my own hours and have a few lads who work for me. I'm up between 4 and half 4am every morning and more-or-less done by 9:30. Kids at school, wife out gossipping/shopping. What am I supposed to do, watch Jeremy Kyle? No thanks.

llewellyn237_

Studios