Why Girls Are Surprised By Negative Attention?

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

I've not really had that many issues. Over the months I've been playing BO2, I can honestly only think of one instance where I was bullied for being a chick. I'm not the best, but I do have a 1.10 overall KDR, so I get a little respect for that I guess The guys that find the need to flame me the most though are the ones I slaughter the most. I love hearing someone curse at me when I kill them I don't see why other females run LADY type tags, but I do enjoy killing them when they do.

FluffyDustBunny

So to be clear, you don't get much harassment, but you don't have a clan tag like that? That seems about right, the clan tags make it much easier for these dummies that curse girls out to know who the girl is.

RemoteViewer187

The facts are, it has nothing to do with girls or guys, it has to do with the lack of morals and respect that this community has with each other. You get homophobe remarks all day, cursing at all day, amongst other things. So what if they advertise they are a girl, it should make no difference than someone who puts their Armed Forces designation as there clan tag or our on specific clan tag. There is no respect in this game, TreyArc cannot do anything about it since they are the ones fostering the environment, they have a code of conduct, but it's never enforced. Just wait, I am willing to bet in the near future someone will attempt to sue one of these gaming companies for allowing this to continue.

Lawman911
Highlighted

Lawman911 wrote:

The facts are, it has nothing to do with girls or guys, it has to do with the lack of morals and respect that this community has with each other....So what if they advertise they are a girl, it should make no difference than someone who puts their Armed Forces designation as there clan tag or our on specific clan tag....

Great cutting through all the bull and getting to the real issue. 

I'll add that internet anonymity has emboldened this behavior even more.  The bigotry and meaness I hear in-game I cannot imagine would be uttered in reality by the same child or adult without consequences. 

Unfortunately, many believe that no one should be surprised at this behavior simply because it's the internet.  "It's the internet, so it's a free for all, you are naive to be surprised."  What they're really saying, although they'll deny, back track and speak out of both sides of their mouths, is that the abuse is justified because, of course, the girls should have expected it.

Immerse me.
Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Studios