Treyarch Please encourage people to play LEAGUE PLAY

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

I said within a couple of weeks of the game coming out that league play was going to be a failure, but they don't listen.  The main problems are the hardpoint and ctf game modes and the poor and unfair scoring system.  Couple that with the piss poor way the game still plays for most people and they just get annoyed.  They quit, try it again in a couple of weeks, realise it's still the same and don't bother coming back.  On a side note though, I was put on probation 3 or 4 times the other day for quitting league matches, which is funny because I haven't played league for over 2 months.

Hamster_Bothere

Haha does no one even read this forum?

Here proof of lag comp http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200589236?start=0&tstart=0

Dingby

It's no big secret, lag compensation is in every online game and has been for a long time.  Treyarch themselves have said that they've taken away host advantage in bo2 (i.e. disadvantaged the host) and being host, I can confirm through personal experience, is an aweful experience I try not to repeat too often.

Hamster_Bothere
Highlighted

They also said no more knife lunge in MW3 but ... it was there, they said they took out Last stand There was final stand. They tell you a bunch of stuff but it does not make it 100% truth.

thehunan

ive played league ,and honestly i got ranked in the top 10 of my section,didnt play for a week then got move into 15th so i assume the less ppl who play the less ranks youll lose..but im sure the more who play the more switching of ranks will happen..how ever i have noticed that there are different connections speeds you can look for games under,i always use best,and that was good games for the week i was playing..then the next time i played most of everyone had crap connections compared to me,and it showed in the scores..lag comp defeated my good connection,whats the point of having good internet when you can steal a crap connection wirelessly and run house on everyone...  fix the lag comp,and its 2013...get better internet

docjonez420

You cant encourage league play... because its kinda dumb.  Very few people truly want to compete.  The XP earned sucks.  You dont have to open or unlock things... thus resulting in less fun.  Most of us play for fun, the rest will go where the bulk of the players play. 

Solofatty

Also if there is all this ( lag / connection problem ) Who wants to. I would try it out if they fixed all that. But as of right now I know that some games I am ok,  while most games I am at a 1-2 second disadvantage. Why would I even try to play league?

thehunan

Agreed. I've tried LP twice till now - first time I was on the top-50 of Silver (or was it Gold - I don't remember). This time - I got into Iron Division. Almost all of the 5 placement games I had were a lag-fest (both times).

Only those players that had a good ping to the host got the kills - others either left the game or tried to be as stealthy as possible.

IMO - they should either remove LP - or at least keep it just to ONE playlist. At the best of times I've seen may be 5,000 players - when there's like 500,000 players online - just around 1%.of total online-players.

MN

mn7_la1

Host Advantage.. right..

/sarcasm

mn7_la1

ok, so im wrong, i didnt do any research but i watched 1 video and he says no lag comp so therefore its wrong. i always get host 95% of the time when i play. i dont see much disadvantage. i am still able to get 60-90 kills when death below 10 fairly easily.. sure, there are times i do bad..

BryanNnned

Studios