Traits of and overused weapon

SOLVED

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

What do you think will be the commons traits of an overused weapon in this game?

vincezero
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think it really narrows down to 2 things.

1) RoF... Rate of Fire, add that with an unlock such as "Rapid Fire." mainly SMG's. It will be widely used, simply put, up close or midway It's always faster then the standard Assault rifle. Unless, were're talking the Famas or Gahlil.

2) As stated above. Famas or Gahlil. And the cause of this is accuracy and trend. The trend part is basically how many people use it as a scapegoat to avoid confrontation. Most of the community overuse these two guns with the perk Ghost/Pro. And it's frustrating when the gun has really good bullet penetration and accuracy. The accuracy part like i said is that in the right hands it's deadly. But also consistent on helping people who rage easy even angrier. I do complain at times of the overuse of the gun. But I think the reason it's so widely used is because of MW2 and a portion of the MGS players who used it in those games. It's kind of like the AK-47 everyone know's the gun, it's been in music, movies and games. That to me is why these guns are very trendy in the community's.

View solution in original post

CrucialSuicide
6 REPLIES 6

I think it really narrows down to 2 things.

1) RoF... Rate of Fire, add that with an unlock such as "Rapid Fire." mainly SMG's. It will be widely used, simply put, up close or midway It's always faster then the standard Assault rifle. Unless, were're talking the Famas or Gahlil.

2) As stated above. Famas or Gahlil. And the cause of this is accuracy and trend. The trend part is basically how many people use it as a scapegoat to avoid confrontation. Most of the community overuse these two guns with the perk Ghost/Pro. And it's frustrating when the gun has really good bullet penetration and accuracy. The accuracy part like i said is that in the right hands it's deadly. But also consistent on helping people who rage easy even angrier. I do complain at times of the overuse of the gun. But I think the reason it's so widely used is because of MW2 and a portion of the MGS players who used it in those games. It's kind of like the AK-47 everyone know's the gun, it's been in music, movies and games. That to me is why these guns are very trendy in the community's.

View solution in original post

CrucialSuicide

More than 40% of the community using it would be the universal number one rule.

ACR and MP40 being the classic examples.

Grayewsable

It's whatever is easiest to use, that's typically the gun that's the easiest to spray

Ghamorra Level 75

There will always be a weapon that will be considered 'overused' it doesn't matter how balanced the game is there will always be something the majority uses.

Famas was 'overused' in blackops but i never saw it being OP at all. Most of the assault riffles were pretty well balanced for the fact i really never found my self doing bad with any of them including the enfield. My go to gun was always the ak-47 and I had no trouble at all against the famas.

I will take the famas being the overused weapon any day over the mp7 with rapid fire.

avengedyesterda

The first weapon that becomes "overused" will be the first weapon to be called "over-powered"......

Then everyone will be calling for 3arch to nerf it, and yet the cycle will continue.  I am really only buying BLOPS2 for Zombies.   I will probably not get much time played in Multi-player.  In BLOPS I never even prestiged.   

wridtrvlr
Highlighted

I thought the Famas was very overused, but it's useless when i comes to distance. My chioce was the Gahlil it had a perfect aimer on it, and more bullets.

jlpayne111

Studios