To all who lag..have you tried this..?

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

Picked up BO2 on release date and till yesterday thought it was the most laggies POS ever. Yesterday I saw a connection preference on the bottom of the screen that says to push the square button. The default is set to Normal,but you can set it to Best. This means that matchmaking might take a bit longer,but the connection should be optimal. Once I did this I noticed that I wasn't getting as much lag as before. Also,the cheap killcam deaths were minimal. I was also killing what I was shooting,and not wasting whole clips. This option is in the screen where you pick Core, Hardcore etc...Perhaps you have done this already or like me,never noticed this option. I'd like to hear if thisd makes a difference or maybe it was just a good night...or maybe it's just a placebo effect.

stevonub4201
12 REPLIES 12

I think overall it helps, but it is not perfect, ....the lobby can go to hell real quick if players start leaving and others come in.........so dont bet that it will always work in in your favor

Out1

It's hit or miss.

BuddyVA

stevonub420 wrote:

Picked up BO2 on release date and till yesterday thought it was the most laggies POS ever. Yesterday I saw a connection preference on the bottom of the screen that says to push the square button. The default is set to Normal,but you can set it to Best. This means that matchmaking might take a bit longer,but the connection should be optimal. Once I did this I noticed that I wasn't getting as much lag as before. Also,the cheap killcam deaths were minimal. I was also killing what I was shooting,and not wasting whole clips. This option is in the screen where you pick Core, Hardcore etc...Perhaps you have done this already or like me,never noticed this option. I'd like to hear if thisd makes a difference or maybe it was just a good night...or maybe it's just a placebo effect.

That is already known. If you have a strong connection you'll get fucked over & over. You'll be also thrown faster into losing matches. There's no cure for this bad lag and lag comp.

djangoblack

Yea I figured that,just trying to get an overall consenus on the topic.

stevonub4201

As Buddy said, it really is hit and miss.  Pre 1.03 it was good, now...meh.  I've tried just about everything.  I've set my router into a DMZ, set up port forwarding, tinkered with my QoS setting, changed my DNS server, found optimal MTU, even tried to cut out the router and jack the PS3 right into the modem.  Nothing seems to be a definite fix. 

My real issue though, is that Treyarch keeps making us think that the problem is on OUR end.  They suggest to make all these setting changes, some are quite complicated, and nothing changes.  Just acknowledge the problem, and tell us you are addressing it.  Hell, I don't even care when/if you fix it, I would just feel less crazy knowing that the problem is your fault, not mine.

Highwayman0226

Doesn't help me at all, .  Was pumped when i first found out about that too, but was quickly hit in the face with the reality that this game is just laggy no matter what if you have good internet.  Won't lie can't wait till they fix it, but damn taking forever for this new patch.

Snoopizumi

I said this on another thread (can't remember which one), but I had 'normal' originally and it was great, then patch 1.03 came out and it started going bad, so I changed to 'best'. This was really good, but now it seems to be getting worse, so I changed it back to 'normal' and last night it was great on 'normal' so I'm not sure if it makes that much of a difference. (If anything, my personal opinion is that currently 'best' is worse than 'normal')

chris_mogzy

It's funny how all of us have the exact same problems and are so desperate to like this game, that we will go above and beyond to fix options,routers,and settings,in hopes that it will fix the game. When in all reality the game is messed up,plain and simple.

stevonub4201

Glad I read this on a couple posts here.  Gonna try switching back when I get on tonight.  I gotta think it's a combination of matching making and a slight tweeking to the lag comp.  I understand you need the lag comp to attempt to put everyone on even footing, regardless of you internet capabilities, but those of us with better connections are being sacrificed.

Highwayman0226

Studios