The real reason why Nuketown 24/7 was removed

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

The only thing i can see is that nuketown was the best way to get xp/ high kill streaks and unlock the camos quicker,because of how condensed the map is.Thus making players bored of the game sooner and making them put it down sooner or not buy future dlc.Also It turned the attention from every other map since 50k-120k players at any given time were focusing on 1 map.

From a buisness perspective this is bad because not as many players  would want to buy the new maps that are dew out since this map has everything most players like(close quaters,easy kills,easy to obtain all killstreaks,All weapons are well on it due to the minimal range ect)Taking it out scatters the 100k+players there for increasing the likely hood of buying future maps even if 10% of these 100k buy a future map thats a extra 60k in their pocket for taking out a map with minimal consiquence.

As far as consiquence goes there is really none for them.Sure a few players might quit but that does not matter because we already payed for the game so quitting has minimal effect on them.Also some players might post threads like these but these in essance don't solve anything or phase the company.Some players might also threaten legal action,but good luck facing a company that made over a billion dollars on 1 single game giving them access to the best lawyers you can buy.And most courts wont even take such a case.You can claim false adventising but a skilled attorney can get around that buy the simple point that no where did they say the map was going to be here 100percent of the time.So it all boils down to money.I cant see any other reason why they would go thru the trouble to complely remove the most popular game mode(Tdm does not count as in every game its the most popular game mode)

that is the only reason why i could see them removing it and even that is a very weak explination.

So what are your thoughts?

I personally only played nuketown never played any other maps

x_convict
18 REPLIES 18

well said and i only played for 2 days because of the codes scam...

THEKILLER96

While you make a good point, its still bullcrap and a ripoff. This year they spent millions on marketing and promotion, bringing celebrities and savy youtube personalities on their commercials and yet released a crap lagging game with no communication between the customers and publishers, and then they decide to take away one of their main selling points that got them the highest-selling game of the year and its not even a month yet!

DavidPenn

CoD is the highest selling game because it is CoD, not because of No_ObTown. Every CoD has grossed high numbers. Black Ops hit high marks before No_Obtown even blew up. Was no town on CoD4, W@W, MW2, or MW3.

ChestSplittah

heres my thoughts..........I returned it back to amazon.com for a full refund. since no nuketown or double xp there is no reason to own the $90 hardened edition.

GRAVEL-INC

I would beg to differ, vandherhaar wont need a lawyer when someone runs him off the road on his way home and he dies

GRAVEL-INC

Thats the only thing that makes sence.Look at it like your one of the top owners of Treyarch:

Would you keep something in the game knowing it has the potential the lower your future profits because players will start getting bored/or unintrested in other maps.Bored gamers=loss revenue.Or would you remove it totally knowing people will always buy the call of duty games and only a small percent would complain?

Its a cheap move on their behalf but makes sence marking wise.Thats why it was removed super quick as alot of people were gaining fast xp on the map(i went up to prestiege 3 in 2 days from that map)and alot of the camos were getting unlocked quicker.and nothings worse than a bored gamer(company wise)

x_convict

Marketing wise yes it makes sense but see here's the flaw in that formula: Trying to constantly force-feed half-assed bullcrap can only get you so far. This same formula of releasing catchy items with false advertisement and then withdrawing them so suddenly without a legitimate reason will make current customers tired of being played and eventually it'll be played out due to the constant lies and disrespect shown.

DavidPenn

Marketing wise yes it makes sense but see here's the flaw in that formula: Trying to constantly force-feed half-assed bullcrap can only get you so far. This same formula of releasing catchy items with false advertisement and then withdrawing them so suddenly without a legitimate reason will make current customers tired of being played and eventually it'll be played out due to the constant lies and disrespect shown.

DavidPenn

I pre-ordered and I'm unaffected because I'm more of a ground war big-medium map situations

hawkseye17

Studios