The lag comp is killing me...litterally

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

Seriously, the lag comp has to go. I`ve never experienced a lag like this in the MW-series.

RottenTott
18 REPLIES 18

And yes, i know MW isn`t treyarch

RottenTott

You clearly don't know what lag comp is

Ghamorra Level 75

Oh, believe me: I`m no expert, far from it. I was told lag comp is the reason. But my point is that I`ve played all the cod-games (not WaW) and never experienced lag like BO. Whats up? I have not connected any new devices, not using wifi and the internetconnection is the same. It may not be the lag comp but something is making this game lag like there`s no tomorrow...

RottenTott

It's lag caused from poor match making. Lag compensation is not lag, they're two different things. Lag comp is a solution to dealing with small portions of lag. However, match making is so poor and the lag is so great, that lag comp cannot effectively deal with the problem

Ghamorra Level 75

It's killing me too, it's terrible. Honestly, why should players with good connections be penalized?

ssilBliss

LagComp is needed for Hitboxes to be accurate. But this game adds delay to your bullets as well which is what gets people killed in gunfights. All lag comp does is create artificial lag for the person with the best connection wich is needed for fairness. But the matchmaking puts people with high and low ping making lagcomp choke and give the person with low ping too much delay.

XyZ_BSG

XyZ_BSG wrote:

All lag comp does is create artificial lag for the person with the best connection wich is needed for fairness

That's not what lag comp is

Ghamorra Level 75

RottenTott wrote:

Seriously, the lag comp has to go. I`ve never experienced a lag like this in the MW-series.

Ok and what do you suppose should be used to balance internet connectivity? Please elaborate.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

Trust me, I´m no expert, i wouldn`t know the first thing about how to make a videogame. But something is wrong/different with BO and I don`t like it.

RottenTott

Studios