The Assault Shield needs the BIGGEST buff ever

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

Now, in MW3 I took it upon myself to get every gun in the game gold, and I succeeded. This game, I have taken on the same task again, and it is so far doing good. I have the SMGs and Shotguns diamond, almost three LMGs gold (need to finish the HAMR then I can move on to QBB LSW and get LMGs diamond), three (almost four) Assault Rifles gold, two (almost three/four) gold pistols, one gold launcher (need to work on the SMAW and RPG) and one gold sniper ( I have the Ballista gold, almost got the DSR-50 gold, just need to work on the other two). Now, I have not gotten ONE Special weapon gold yet. So far I can see the Ballistic Knife as the easiest one, the Crossbow as the second easiest/hardest, and the Assault Shield as being completely useless. I don't understand the logic of this weapon. You gave us a combat knife, that moves at LMG speed and takes two hits to kill. Now, the range and speed of this thing aren't that bad and can be worked around with equipment and perks. That two hit kill however, needs to go. I honestly believe this thing should be a one hit kill. Now, if that's a little too extreme for you guys, then maybe they should take a page out of Infinity Ward's book and make it so that it stuns you when hit (just like in MW3 with the Riot Shield). Either of these would turn this weapon from completely useless (unless you're a camper) to somewhat useable. And also, make it so that it can at least kill Sentry Guns and Guardians as well. It might give people a little more of a reason to use this thing.

And is it me or does anyone find it rather odd that this thing hasn't recieved any buffs, despite that Vahn says they buff weapons depending on usage stats? I never see anyone USING the Assault Shield, I only see people deploy it as a piece of cover and camp behind it.

kylet345
30 REPLIES 30

Play Hardcore problem solved.

Thembones1

I understand what you're saying, but that argument always works the other way around. It's easier to kill, but it's also easier to die. This is why I don't want to play Hardcore with a weapon that should be effective in Core in the first place.

kylet345

See I really dont mind if they add a lunge. But making in a OHK in core is too much. Seeing how small and tight the maps are can you imagine running pass a hallways and here comes a shield guy. It will be like trying to stop a tank xD.

Thembones1

lol, stuff like that in a game is always enjoyable.

kylet345

It is easier to die in HC but much easier to kill with the shield as well. The challenges for all the kills will happen much much faster in HC than in core.  Yes you will die more but when you decide to get diamond specials your KD will suffer.  Coming from someone who has diamond specials.

riksterinto

I never see anyone USING the Assault Shield, I only see people deploy it as a piece of cover and camp behind it.

Thats what they did with it, you can plant it and use it as cover. Its really not the same as it was in MW3, to some thats good to others bad (im included on that).

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
EgOtRiP#7701616 Level 75

The Riot Shield in MW2 was probably the best, but that was mostly due to Commando. Then you also have the Machine Pistols and Shotguns as secondaries which helped it a lot as well.

kylet345

I'd like them to do something about the hit detection first.I have specials diamond and occasionally I use the Assault Shield for a laugh but I've lost count of the amount of times I've been shot or stabbed through my 'shield'.

Anyway the shield has always been garbage and tbh I think they should just take it out of the game.

Im_not_BukLau

Yes I didn't touch on that in this thread, but that is DEFINITELY a problem. It has happened to me a couple times. I think it's the hitbox for the shield phasing into the hitbox of the player.

kylet345

Studios