Season Pass or No Season Pass_Last minute Bonuses for Hardened Edition

SOLVED

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

Guys I've been wondering if I should throw down my cash on the Season Pass and was looking for your opinion.

Now it's almost 4 for the price of 3 so value, the immediate value of the Season Pass isn't the issue, the issue is overall value.

The question comes from the concern that I've Pre-Ordered the Hardened Edition (HE) and so far the only thing I get extra for it is Nuketown Zombies (yes there's other stuff too but that other stuff is just "fluff" to me and not all too interesting) and how Nuketown Zombies will figure into future DLCs. I'm almost 100% positive Nuketown Zombies will be offered on a later DLC, much as Classic W@W Zombie maps were offered on the HE Pre-Order of BO1 and later re-released on the Resurrection Map pack. The kicker was though that I heard Resurrection was given free to people who Pre-Ordered Hardened Edition BO1. Had a Season Pass been offered on BO1 then getting the Pre-Ordered HE Edition of BO1 would not have really have been worth it because you actually pay $5 for a Map Pack that should be free for HE Pre-Order buyers (well still technically not a bad buy as Moon is DEFINITELY worth $5).

I'm also new to the CoD family (I'm an old fart who played video games at the arcades, SFII but stop playing Video Games for like 15 years) so I don't know how Activision works. Do you guys think there will be some last minute Map added to the Pre-Order HE Edition (HE Edition of BO1 had the four W@W Zombie Maps if I'm not mistaken) of BO2? Also what are the chances of Nuketown Zombies remaining a Hardened Edition / Carepackage Exclusive?

Sorry for all the questions guys. I know it seems petty and it really is a personal issue. I'm well established and not hurting (thankfully) so buy the Season Pass and keeping my Hardened Edition Pre-Order instead of downgrading to the Standard Edition is not really a big deal. I just don't like the idea of being wasteful especially with Video Games. Not to knock it, I've got nothing but respect for "gamers" but Video Games are a luxury and I can't see myself carelessly overspending on them

Thanks guys

xtlc2003
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

All valid points.

I personally don't think they'll be adding additional content to the HE/CP as they were pretty up front with what we get.

It's also a 50/50 shot on whether or not the exlusive maps will be distributed.

Edit: Personally, I think that we should retain our "exclusive" DLC content. I paid the price and knew up front what I would get. Everyone else that decided against it is going against the grain and shouldn't complain.

Moderator Moderator
21 REPLIES 21

All valid points.

I personally don't think they'll be adding additional content to the HE/CP as they were pretty up front with what we get.

It's also a 50/50 shot on whether or not the exlusive maps will be distributed.

Edit: Personally, I think that we should retain our "exclusive" DLC content. I paid the price and knew up front what I would get. Everyone else that decided against it is going against the grain and shouldn't complain.

Moderator Moderator

At the end of the day its only 20 bucks - but I have decided to just get the regular edition and possibly use that 20 bucks to get the season pass if I end up happy with the game.

My personal opinion is that they will release these exclusives sometime down the road - if for no other reason than it would improve the matchmaking on those "exclusive" maps.

sstang1

i believe the Nuketown Zombies should become available to everyone later on, as there will be more people to play with, only a handful of people get the HE/CE (including myself this time around), and it worked similar with the W@W maps, no-one to play with, however the weapon camo and playercards, avatars, themes SHOULD remain exclusive to HE/CE owners, dont do the same with MW3, make that rubbish winter camo and then release it to elite premium, its little bonus stuff like this that shouldn't go to anyone else, on the trailer it said exclusive items, which these came under, it juat said bonus maps for NT, so i hope and imagine they will be released later on

Timelordalex
Highlighted

Exactly. I think any if not ALL maps released as "Exclusives" SHOULD be offered later in a DLC, sure bunch of people will get the HE and CP Pre-orders but as a whole the community playing those maps will remain small if they are not offered later. Could you imagine how annoying it would get if every other match in Nuketown Zombies is the same people? So for match making

For this reason @ Foxhound, I agree except with you except for the maps. I am personally paying more for a "timely" basis and not exclusivity. Sure the other content, camo, avatars, etc. SHOULD remain COMPLETELY exclusive to Pre-order buys as promised but Pre-Order "Exclusive" Maps need to be offered (at a price) later on to keep the community as large as possible. With SOOOO many game modes the heard is thin enough as it is.

@ timelordalex, I agree with you, the difference being the W@W "classic" map pack was relatively robust (four maps) and well worth it and worked as an added "thank you" to the HE/CP buyers by getting Moon free. That added "thanks you" works wonders for customer/consumer loyalty but the Season Pass throws a potential "monkey wrench" to any added benefits of the HE.

Sadly I'm probably going to downgrade my order to a Standard Edition and get the Season Pass and just wait for Nuketown Zombies to come with a DLC...... What's worse I'm betting Nuketown Zombies will be Epic....

xtlc2003

I would be surprised if they didn't realease both the Nuketown Zombies and the Nuketown 2025 maps in DLC at some point.  That's not saying that they won't keep them as HE exclusives but as previous posters have mentioned.  It's happened before, the matchmaking for such a limited audience is going to be pretty bad, and they've put a lot of time/money into developing these maps, so they are going to want to get the most out of them that they can get.  The bonus for the HE users is that they can play them on day one.  But having been an Elite Premium member in MW3, I can tell you that day one is really laggy and it doesn't get any better until it's released to the general public.  I decided against upgrading to HE just because, I've already got Nuketown 2025 coming becuase of my preorder and I don't see paying an extra $20 just to get to play Nuketown Zombies early.  Even if it turns out that they don't release Nuketown Zombies to the general public, I'm still happy with my decision.  However, if you really want it, the only way to get it for sure is to order the Hardened Edition.

phxs72

Wouldn't it of made more sense just to pay more money for a season pass but get all DLC free and have it included with the hardened edition?

- £40 for the game

- then an extra £20 for the HE.

- then £35 for the season pass

- £40 to actually buy all the DLC.

=£135! *Rip off*

Just what is the point?

Dark-Chaos

You don't pay for the season pass and the DLC...

Season Pass = 4 x DLC

As for the thread question...

I would stick with what you have and there's no rush for the season pass. You can decide in February or even after the first DLC is released.

RobbieRocket

@ Dark-Chaos: I'm sorry I don't follow you? I'm not certain what you are refering to, is the HE a rip-off of the Season Pass?

General: To me that's what Pre-Orders (depending on the level) should do, give you access to exclusive "skins" etc and early usage of content (maps) and make the content (maps) but NOT the "skins" and other little things available for cost to the general public.

For that reason I may keep my Hardened Edition for the Camo, Avatars, etc. I know some people don't care for that crap but little extra like that make the game a better personalize experience. I'm down for any way to personalize the gaming experience without ostracizing myself (maps that no one plays) in the gaming community.

@ PHSX72: I didn't think about that, there's a chance that Nuketown Zombies may blow the 1st couple of months (due to lag) because too few people spread across the country (globe) are playing it.

xtlc2003

im not going to get the season pass just because ive heard that the 4th lot of dlc is going to be all zombie maps if they release a dlc content calendar proving whats coming out and when and the 4th lot isnt all zombie i might consider buying it

banned-again

Studios