Scorestreaks need adjustment?

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

Anyone else think the score streak points you get for a kill via the scorestreak too low? Example, sentry gun kills give you only 25 points instead of 100 for a kill. Hypothetically if it's 500 for a sentry gun and my next scorestreak is 800 points, my sentry gun will need to get 12 kills instead of 3 to get to the next scorestreak. You can't really count on your score streaks to get to the next one with the way it's set up now.

I'm not sure about points you get from other scrorestreaks being higher, I think the VTOL only gives 15 per kill.

s509v86mt
16 REPLIES 16

I think the points given are fine, especially If you are doing the objective - Gun kills should be worth way more than kills from your sentry gun, This also stops you from hiding away in a corner till you have your next killstreak like people would on mw3/mw2. I run hardline on all my classes and play mostly HC capture the flag. - If I get the flag, destroy a few enemy equipment and get a few kills on the way back to cap the flag then I easily get my Orbital VSAT, from then its easy to get my dogs/swarm happening.

Saying this tho I think It does depend on the game time you are playing as high killstreaks for 90% of people are pointless on gametypes such as Team death match. In my opinion you should get slightly more points for a gun kill on this to even out the lack of objectives - every other game mode, play the objective!

nicka.denton

Your 2nd paragraph is what I'm getting at and agree with you.

s509v86mt

Hell, TDM aside they have my approval (which is very very important ) to numb the points you get for a 'normal' kill down to 50 or something. If you are in an objective game, you have to go for the objective. In Domination, killing an attacker gives you +125, killing someone while you are capturing the flag gives you +200. That are the scores you need to build it. Not ignore the objective and try to get your own little killingspree going on till you have your first and then go wait till it provides you with the other.

They are fine they way they are now.

esreveR1

The points scorestreaks give you are fine at 10-25....BUT KILLING SOMEONE WITH MY GUN IS CRAP DAP....for counter UAV i need like 5-7 kills i believe in domination...THATS STUPID AS COULD BE!!!! I liked my KILLSTREAKS not these silly scorestreaks that require me to die by smg spray fire by some dumb noob who thinks their not OP(i know diff topic but they piss me off)

BlueLightning07

Although I could not make sense of the entire content of your post due to your fluid punctiation, but I see somewhere that you believe in domination. Is that the game mode or just a random word you've put in there?

If you mean the game mode: get B ... there are a lot of points at B. They do need a different approach  for TDM tho, due to the lack of objectives (as nicka_denton stated already).

esreveR1

It's fine the way it is. We would see nothing but scorestreak spamming if it gave you more points. (Not including the UAV.)

denacioust

Yes I believe that the points given per kill via your scorestreak should be the same points you would get per kill depending on what game type your're playing. But in TDM, the "objective" is to kill the enemy team so shouldn't you be rewarded for doing the objective? You get more points for shooting down a UAV or shooting a bouncing betty, which isn't really the objective.

s509v86mt

I'm impressed with how they did the point disbursement. I was worried that it would be all messed up, and wouldn't have blamed them too much because it is a new system. But they nailed it. The only problem with the Pointstreaks is the organization of the actually streaks. the CUAV needs lowered and the Guardian needs raised

Ghamorra Level 75

I agree, yet again "G". This way you "really" have to play the objective and/or game mode to do ok. I got a "Swarm" the other day and had no idea what it was, but it racked up 16 kills or more

BanHaMMer2

Studios