Reason Why People think SMGs are OP?

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

To me they seem OP because most of the maps in this game are really small and have a lot of tight places which makes SMGs more useful than any assault rifle. The problem are the maps they're made for rushing.  But I also agree the laser sight it's really powerful on the smgs. well feel free to make a comment this is just my opinion and I will respect your opinion 

GALACT1C0s117
15 REPLIES 15

The Laser Sight basically removes the need for aiming down sights on the SMG's.

Kingfury1

Galactic

The only reason you feel they are is because they are the easiest, most available option to use! So what does the majority of people do? Use them! What results? People claiming they are OP.

The maps are made for what you choose to make, I've been having better games when I play with a party of two or more.

Everyone uses a SMG, they are proliferate and that means nothing! Be original, use something else.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

For me it's hard to tell what's OP, it seems like every gun is insta-killing me. People use SMG's more than any other guns and it does have to do with the maps, but more than that I think their rate of fire is too high. I also agree with the laser site attachment its too accurate, I've never been hip fired as much in any other CoD game. More than half my deaths are from being hip fired where as in other CoD game I'd get 1 or 2 hip fire deaths/game. A lot of people are drop shotting as well now without ADS which is really annoying. AR's have their place but I wish they were more effective at medium range.

Jaggajatt187

I choose to disagree with them being OP. I can use a scar and win a gun fight 2 out of every three times on an smg. It's how you play. A lot of people don't plan ahead. They just rush the map and hope for the best. If you have the better strategy going in then you'll win 4 out of 5 fights. You can find pleanty of sight lines on every map. It's all about trail and error till you find the best playstyle for you.

Anarchy_Roulett

If you're beating SMG's with an AR majority of the time then you're either an amazing player or lagged out. You can't plan against Lag because what you're seeing on your screen and whats actually happening is totally different...so unless you can see the future you can't really strategize. Or you can head glitch in an area with a long line of site, which a lot of people have resorted to because of the lag.

Jaggajatt187

I don't think I head glitch. I go into cover sometimes but isn't that what you're supposed to do when you're injured or need to reload. I don't sit in one spot and just wait either. I'll patrol an area and travel with more than just myself. Maybe I'm just playing crappy players. Quick reflexes help as well, and yes the lag bs is probably why my k/d is as low as it is right now. Saying lag is why I win is like saying A movie is good because of the explosions are good. I might get a few do to someones lag, but hell I've been shooting at someone and lagged back around a corner from where I just came from. Now I shooting a wall. Well I just gave myself away due to lag and I know he's coming so I'll try to flank. It doesn't always work, but it's not going to keep me from trying.

Anarchy_Roulett

I'm not a very good player, yet I win most mid-range & out gunfights vs. SMGs when I'm carrying the SCAR.  It's not rocket science: play to the strengths of your weapon and the weaknesses of your opponent's.

If the lag was half as bad as some people make it out to be, we'd still be waiting for the final killcams from release night.

Harv72

Harv72 wrote:

If the lag was half as bad as some people make it out to be, we'd still be waiting for the final killcams from release night.

Oh man you just made me laugh so hard. That's hysterical.

Anarchy_Roulett

Harv72

Studios