Playing Black Ops 1 Help Adjust Before Release?

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

Do you think that playing Black Ops 1 for a day or two before release will help me adjust to the look of Black Ops 2 (as opposed to playing MW3)?

SuspectOnFoot
10 REPLIES 10

Yes, I've switched back to Black Ops to prepare myself. You can even practice on Black Ops 1 by doing combat training mode where you play on a team with automated bots against another team of automated bots. The IW version of the game plays a little different than Treyarch's, so it's good to adjust by going back to Black Ops 1. I did the same thing by going back to MW2 right before MW3's release.

brewcastleunite

Yea, thats exactly what I did. But I've been playing a little zombies as well. I haden't been playing zombies for a while, so I wanted to prepare myself for the undead in Black Ops 2!

death-dignity

Personally no if you are good you are good, if your not your not. If its really that important i would play mw2 as i feel its more to the style of mw2 than blackops.

josh1073

In what ways is BO2 more like MW2?

SuspectOnFoot

I don't think Black Ops 2 is like MW2 at all. I would definitely suggest hammering around on Black Ops 1 for a while until Tuesday. You don't just readjust to the gameplay, you also readjust to Treyarch's mannerisms when it comes to class upgrades / customizations / unlocks / techniques to gain maximum experience points etc. There will be a lot of different things on Black Ops 2 of course, but it will give you a crash course on what to expect.

brewcastleunite

You say it will readjust to treyarch gameplay but all cods have one huge thing in common.... The people who play it the playstyles transfer you will have the qs,rushers,campers,boosters,snipers.

If you are good you will do good if you are not good all the prep will do nothing. I had blackops a week before launch on xbox (i had not played a game by treyarch in over a year) my main system is ps3. My first game on black ops on xbox 18 kills 15 deaths 2nd game 20 odd kills and 10 deaths, 3rd 30 odd kills and 14 odd deths.

Trying to prep for a game you have not played and has a completely different environment and era based on the maker is setting yourself up for a pasting.

josh1073

How it flows the weapon style to me seem more like mw2. Blackops was skinny battlefield style.

josh1073

Did you get to play Black Ops 2 yet? I haven't myself, if the gameplay is similiar to MW2's that wouldn't upset me, I liked how MW2 played (the BS one man army and commando perks did wreck the game at times though - but the MW2 platform itself was really solid). I would have thought Black Ops 2 would be based on the engine used for Black Ops 1...maybe I'm wrong.

brewcastleunite

How can i put it simply for you.... blackops is dark,grungy,cold war style and the worst you have to fear is a chopper gunner.

Now mw2 was light,colorful and you had preds,ac130, and the guns were modern.

This is a clip i found on yt black ops 2 is more like mw2.You go practice on your bo1 you will be in the mind set of bo1 a completely different environment.

josh1073

Studios