PS3: Console Shutdowns. [Post 1.03 Patch]

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

Mandatory Information to Include

- What type of PS3 do you have. ----- An 80gb Fat.

- Any user modifications to your console. ----- No.

- When and where does this happen. ----- At random intervals, really. The first time was when I was configuring the game before the main menu screen.

- What region you are in + Blu-Ray Code ----- U.S. + I don't know. How do you find this out?

Optional Information to Include

- If you have opened up a support ticket with Activision Customer Support [Yes or No] ----- No.

- If you have encountered a prompt from the system and submitted a crash report to Sony.  ----- No.

sunofabich

- What type of PS3 do you have= 80GB original, CECHE01, PRODUCTION JULY 2007

- Any user modifications to your console= NONE

- When and where does this happen= Right after intro video loads (intro video will play all the way through), and main menu screen comes up, PS3 shuts down and beeps while trying to adjust on the sound, brightness, or screen size menu. I was only able to get into camipgn of game twice since I bought the game on opening day. Then it only worked for LESS THAN 2 MINUTES and PS3 shut down. Canot turn back on from controller, have to press power button on system to stop red light from blinking, then hit power button again to turn PS3 back on. Screen comes up that says system was shut down improperly and must check and restore system files. Goes through that then loads back up PS3 home screen. I have over 60 games, and only one other game had this same issue, which was LA Noire. Which was also a known problem across all the discussion boards, and forums, and all rockstar and sony did was point fingers at each other saying the other one was responsible, and neither ever fixed the issue. Just as this is another $60 game I cant play, and cant be returned to the store because it is opened. And yes for LA Noire and COD BO2, I went back to Best Buy and exchanged for a new disk to make sure it wasnt the game.

- What region you are in + Blu-Ray Code= USA. Miami, FL. I dont know what you mean by blu-ray code. please feel free to contact me to explain it and I will send addtional info if needed.

- Any video of the documented issue=

- If you have opened up a support ticket with Activision Customer Support [Yes or No]= YES

- If you have encountered a prompt from the system and submitted a crash report to Sony. [Yes or No]= It did not ask for this or give me this option.

SAXYJDJ

Mandatory information

-What  Ps3 do you have? I have the 60 gb launch model or fat model as some people say.

-Any modifications to Ps3? No, none at all.

-When and where does this happen? The system shuts down when im playing multiplayer and zombies, I dont recall it ever happening in the menu of either of these only when im in a game. Also, just noting i have not played the story mode yet so im not sure if it shuts down during that.

What region am are you in? Im in the U.S

Your Blu-ray code? Im sorry I could not find my blu-ray code, I checked everywhere on my Ps3 but im  positive it's the same as the other people that been having this problem.

LakersFTW

PS3 Type ----- 60GB fat model

No modifications

Usually happens when starting a multiplayer or zombies match, sometimes it'll last a couple of minutes before crashing, other times it'll crash as soon as the countdown is finished. Zombies is the same lasts a couple of minutes max before crashing, menu navigation seems fine, havent had any crashes when in the menus although it wouldnt suprise me if it did if left for a while. Havent even tried the campaign mode in case it crashes. When it crashes as above, the ps3 beeps then goes to a flashing red light, on restart im asked to check and restore system files.

Region + code ------ England/UK BLES - 01717

Any Video ------- No Video Although it is identical to ones posted previously

Activison support ticket ---------- Yes have opened one

Are you prompted to send a crash report to sony ---------- No crash report, just a alert to do a restore system files.

oba888

• What  Ps3 do you have? I have the 80 gb fatboy 4 usb. NO modifications it shuts off when playing multplayer or zombies. im in the U.S The Blu ray code is BLUS31011

Akuss41
Highlighted

Mandatory Information to Include

- 60 gb fat model (4 usb)

- Never in a million years would i mod my ps3. Ive never even opened it up

- This happens only with black ops 2. I play in any game mode and the second the game starts i have about 1-5 mins before i hear 3 beeps followed by the flashing red light

- I am in the UK, England + Blu-Ray Code: BLES - 01717

- No need for a video as it happens just like everyone else.

- If you have opened up a support ticket with Activision Customer Support: Yes several

- If you have encountered a prompt from the system and submitted a crash report to Sony.: no as i know it is not down to sony.

Further info: My ps3 is no longer working properly since this has happened. I tried to play several games and they are all almost unplayable and are really jittery in offline and online mode. I no longer care about playing black ops 2 on my ps3 but i think me and everyone else who is in the same situation as me deserves some kind of compensation for damage.

Killer427

My console shuts down with a red blinking light unexpected and at random intervals it then remains blinking until I manually hit the power button for a reset. First time was about 30 mins of game play, then after a reset I tried to play again. It did the same thing shut down with a red blinking light after about 10 mins of multiplayer play. Third and final attempt was after allowing the console to "cool down" (not that it was hot i just thought maybe it did get hot thats why it shut down) it shut down almost immediatly after the menu screen popped up.

I have a FAT 20gb PS3 original.

i have put a 120gb HD in it but its been in it since the week i bought it.

USA + BLURAY 31011 (i think)

superspikky

60g fat

No mod

Any game mode i play 2-3 min in

from UK code 01717

Please please please give me some info. had the game since launch day and from what minimal time ive played the game is awesome

dawKster

- What type of PS3 do you have- 80 gb fat

- Any user modifications to your console- no

- When and where does this happen- during zombies around round 7 or so, during the campaign in the beginning of the panama mission (annoying i want to finish the story), at random points during multi-player, sometimes i can finish a match or two, other times it will shut off in the middle of the match

- What region you are in + Blu-Ray Code- US BLUS31011< i think thats the right code

Any video of the documented issue- no

- If you have opened up a support ticket with Activision Customer Support [Yes or No]- dont know how to open a support ticket

- If you have encountered a prompt from the system and submitted a crash report to Sony. [Yes or No]- yes, only prompted to do so once, rest of the time it tells me i shut down improperly and prompts me to restore files

ravenscrow808

I have the 80g original fat ps3. They only modification I have on it is a small attachable fan that uses the usb port. My ps3 shuts off within 5 to 10 mins when I insert black ops 2. It shuts off when I am online, campaign or even when I am just sitting down in the main menu of black ops 2. I am in the United states and my blue ray code is BLUS31011

Shakazulu131

Studios