PS3: Console Shutdowns. [Post 1.03 Patch]

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

Highlighted

I have the original 80gb fatty ps3. Updated with the patch and tried a game. It still froze and I gave me ylod..

So I'm pretty much done with cod now that I've spent 120 on the game and now 129 on my system fix...

Dont4Get2Eat

60G Fat model, original launch

Added Western Digital 500G HD two years ago

PSN update 4.31

Game update patch 1.03

BD Code: BLUS31011

Inititally played under Update 1.02 since Wednesday, November 14. Had one freeze-up and one system shutdown (flashing red light) in one hour of play.

Played Nov 17 with no problems. Started playing Nov 18 before new patch update.  No problems. Came back on to play later. Installed 1.03 patch. Multiple system shutdowns, increasing over games started . Sometimes I would play a whole match online, increased problems would let me play for approximately one minute before going into a system shutdown.

No campaign play, no zombie play, online or off.

Now my system WILL NOT RESTART!!! Getting red flashing light and will not start system even after hard boot.  I never had a problem with my system before this game was played. Never had one system shutdown error in the five and a half years I have owned it. Now within four days, my PS3 is dead and will not restart. All problems seem to stem from this game.

PSN ID: Jabba_RT

Region: Connecticut, USA.

Jabba_RT

Ps3 Original 80GB Fat

No Mods

It has happened with every gameplay, campaign, multiplayer and zombies.

US BLUS31011

I did the 1.03 Patch and reset my PS3 to default settings.  Sacrificed all of my saved data.

I don't have a video of it, but I could make one and post it.

I've contacted by phone...no help, contacted by twitter and email and still no reply.

This is getting to the point where I don't even want to play the game. I buy a game where I can't even play it for 5 minutes.  You guys should really be ashamed of yourselves.

BURG2111

psn: one80octane

playstation model: original 20 gig fat ps3 w/ 4 port usb

region:  maryland

Blueray disc code: BLUS31011

Havent played one minute or one match since the game came out installed the new patch still shuts down my system about a minute into the opening video one time i made it to the beginning of the fist mission on campaign mode then it shut down .all my other games play just fine i have video of it but not sure how to upload it on to this forum  but here it is hope this helps

http://www.youtube.com/.watch?v=vzue74y7A84&Feature=youtube_gdata_player

jwhizzle

psn: dragons_bane

60g original PS3 w/ 4 usb ports

no mods

BD Code: BLUS31011

Patch 1.03 downloaded

Textures installed

system updated

Just tried it after installing 1.03 and it instantly shut the system down the second it hit the title screen. Can't even choose any type of game, be it MP, zombies, or campaign. No problems with any other games that I own.

dragons_bane

This just seems to get worse over time.  Ps3 first edition fat

1.02 installed

Console would allow me to go into multiplayer mode finished 1 game after that every time I played the system would just shut down 5 minutes into ganme play

power up told they system was improperly shut off and recommend file restore

This sequence was repeatable 100% of the time

After about 7 of these returned to multi play and was on probation for game inactivity

Went to off line campaign.  Ha 5 minutes in shut down

Uninstalled patch

Installed texture data

Reinstalled 1.02 patch

Same results half the time

Enter multiplay 2 minutes in system auto shuts off

Installed 1.03 patch

Same results

Shuts down 1 2 minutes into game play

This is a catastrophic epic failure

shjtforbrains

Hi

PSN: finisher44

60gb 4 port ps3

New Jersey US East Coast

no mods

BLUS31011

Downloaded patch 1.03 my ps3 still shutsdown and red light blinks every couple minutes when im playing bo2. All other games run fine.

thefinisher44

Mandatory Information:

What type of PS3 do you have:  FAT 80 gb

Any user modifications to your console:  I have no user modifications

When and where does this happen:  Crash happens whenever I play multiplayer (I only have been able to finish 1 or 2 matches) within 5 minutes... the ps3 just shuts down.. red light flashes.. then i have to reboot

What region you are in + Blue-ray code:  US  BLUS31011

gkhawkeye53

Mandatory Information:

What type of PS3 do you have:  FAT 80 gb

Any user modifications to your console:  I have no user modifications

When and where does this happen:  Crash happens whenever I play multiplayer (I only have been able to finish 1 or 2 matches) within 5 minutes... the ps3 just shuts down.. red light flashes.. then i have to reboot

What region you are in + Blue-ray code:  US  BLUS31011

gkhawkeye53

Fat 80 gb ps3  .. NOT modified..     Crash happens whenever I play multiplayer (I only have been able to finish 1 or 2 matches) within 5 minutes ps3 just shuts down...red light flashes.. then i have to reboot.       I am in the US  Blue ray code:  BLUS31011

gkhawkeye53

Studios