No More Strategy To This Chicken Coupe

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

Sup everyone, long time fan, long time poster.  Anyway, this thread is about the strategy in the MULTIPLAYER aspect of the game, which I have yet to find any.  All the new equipment and even some of the old perks are for the players who like to run and gun (or capture objectives if you will), and nothing for the players who defend their objectives. And yes I mean DEFEND their objectives, NOT camp in a corner with a shotgun that isn't even close to their objective that says defend. The fact that UAV's give away your location if you don't have Ghost on, and are running FORWARD, is restricting and the game shouldn't be like that.

I am a long time defending style kind of player. I defend my objective and, for the most part, do a pretty amazing job at it. Don't get me wrong I love defending my flag, but if the team needed me to, I'd run and gun to help them out with no hesitation. However, I was usually just asked to defend because they loved the running more than I did. Anyway, back on track, as I said, I'm a long time defending style player, I defend my flags/objectives like it says. Now with the new perk layout and attachments, there is no more defending flags like we used to be able to do. In HC:CTF there were usually 2 people who'd defend the flag, and 4 people who'd run. Now it seems that I am the only one who tries to defend the flag, but really can't cause I pop up on the radar all the time.

People complain all the time about Ghost/Cold-blooded cause they would get caught watching their radar, well now I'm complainning cause I'm popping up on their radar. This was a poor choice to go with. I understand that you have to please the players, but while you seemed to have rewarded one group of players, you have left the other group of players (defending style players) in the cold. I shouldn't be forced into playing a specific way just cause some little kid doesn't like getting mowed down when they're trying to take my objective. And then again trying to find me, but can't.

You have changed the scorestreaks for the UAV and RC-XD to be higher, you need to change a perk to not appear on the radar. Make it the opposite of Ghost, if you move, you're on the radar. If you shoot without a silencer you stay on the radar 1.5 times longer. SOMETHING! We shouldn't have to give up our play styles to reward other people for their.

I have given my two cents. Have a great day!

Arcaver
17 REPLIES 17

I was playing some HC CTF and I must say this UAV patch didn't do much. People are still spamming them endlessly. So much so I got 15 take downs today, most of which Ghost couldn't protect me from. Once you ADS to lock-on you're on radar and thanks to these small maps my position was closed on quickly

I would love nothing more than to get the old Ghost back so I can finally get back to playing the objective and not have to constantly look over my shoulder

Ghamorra Level 75

I like your post.  I'm thinking the bulk of the ghost complaints stem from the super perk in MW3, Assassin.  Assassin did a little too much IMO.  Staying off the radar was good enough, but they made it so you had no red name, no heartbeart, no temperature...basically made you a zombie.  I prefer to move around the map, albiet a slower pace than the typical "Run N Gunner", so ghost change doesn't effect me as much, but I can get on board with you about no way to defend an objective and not show up on the constant UAV.  You can shoot em down, but then you aren't watching your objective.

Highwayman0226

Highwayman0226 wrote:

You can shoot em down, but then you aren't watching your objective.

Shooting them down does not good, they'll just put up another in a few seconds

Ghamorra Level 75

Yeah man, it's a full time job.

Highwayman0226

Bouncing betty, shock charge, claymore all help draw the "battle lines" as you see fit. Look for the hit marker and listen for "your equipment was hacked" or "destroyed". This tells you where someone is located/coming from without a UAV. Also, if you are having trouble with UAV's either shoot them down or unlock ghost like I did after the first prestige and use a wildcard to pair it up with hardline. This helped me get my bearings. Now I don't really use ghost all that much. Map knowledge is key as well. Where people have spawned before is important. I'm an avid AR user myself. Don't charge the no zoom SMG kiddies because they will win. Outsmart them.

Just a few tips that helped.

ZvErS

Good general advice, but OP isn't having issues finding people.  He's saying that he has no way to stay hidden off the mini map when defending an objective.  Ghost only works when you are moving, so unless you want to run around what you are defending, it's a rather useless perk.  Stocking up on black hats and carrying that FHJ launcher is good if you want to attempt to keep UAVs out of the sky (and rack up some killstreak points as well), but it's pretty much a full time job, wich leaves little time for defending your objective.  I really don't see what the problem was with ghosters not showing up even when sitting still. 

Highwayman0226

Hooah

SalaciousD

I have the solution. Get rid of UAV's all together and make Ghost only work if you are moving while a VSAT is active.

BlackhawkbillOO7

I'd like to see a game mode that mixes core & hardcore. It would basically be core as far as bullet damage but with no mini-map. No uav/cuav/ghost at all. Just players using their instincts and what they see on the screen.

net_nginerd

Studios