Hey Guys i recently got bo2 yesterday and been playing it since but my nats strict and i cant really join my friends ive tryed Dmz Host upnp and when i do port fowarding i get moderate but i still cant join friends what should i do ? Btw Its on ps3
You didn't port forward the right ports, or the firewall on your router is not working right. Personally I have had mine off for over 3 years and no problems different strokes for different folks though, I just use a firewall on my PC.
what kind router you got make sure the ps3 ip address matches the ip of the dmz ip ur using look it up on youtube
I work in IT but am not really savy with the firewall side of things. Anyway I had a strict NAT on my PS3 with the same issues as you. I followed a few different posts and boom sorted it.
1. On my PS3 I went to Internet Connection Settings and manually set a static IP address
- Because my router leases out IP addresses in the range (192.168.1.0 - 192.168.1.255) I chose the IP of 192.168.1.20 (as it is in the range and I wont have 20 devices connecting to my router).
- Subnet was 255.255.255.0
- Default Router was the IP of my router so 192.168.1.1
- Primary DNS the same as my Default Router above
2. Now we will all have different modems/routers so the next step will differ a wee bit
- Log into your router by using your laptop/PC and web browser. In the address bar you type your routers IP address (this was underneath my router).
- Throw in your username and password, which is often admin, admin or something like that
- Once logged in I went to Advanced Settings > NAT (try and look for a page that says something about port forwarding)
- I put in the port numbers as SHOWN BELOW and rebooted my modem
|Call of Duty Black OPs 2||3074||3074||TCP/UDP||3074||3074||192.168.1.20||pppoa0|
|Call of Duty Black OPs 2||4500||4500||TCP/UDP||4500||4500||192.168.1.20||pppoa0|
|Call of Duty Black OPs 2||3478||3479||TCP/UDP||3478||3479||192.168.1.20||pppoa0|
|Call of Duty Black OPs 2||3658||3658||TCP/UDP||3658||3658||192.168.1.20||pppoa0|
Hope this helps you. I tried a few different forums with different port numbers. Im not 100% what ports are the ones that work but I cant be bothered checking and it works.
Once my modem was rebooted I started up BO2 and was all good. Now im not up to scratch with the risks of opening these ports. Perhaps someone with a bit more knowhow can school us.
Let me know how you get on.