My fix for game intro lockups and getting online

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

after several attempts to play the game and several re-installs (download update) I AWAYS was locking up during the into screens before i would get to any game menu....

I found i could load the game if i was NOT connected to the PSN, If i was connected to the PSN when i loaded the game it locked up everytime, but if i was not connected it loaded correctly everytime and i could play the campaign mode, but once i connected to PSN i would either lock up on campaign mode or if tried to go online .....the game kept saying i needed to connect to the PSN.....which i was connected the game did realize that tho.

I put my PS3 connection inside a DMZ on my router (i had to goggle my router make and model and create a DMZ for ps3 to find out how to do this)

Once i created the DMZ for my ps3 connection, i once again deleted the game data utility file and re-installed the game.....i logged into PSN, then loaded the game.......and havent had but one lockup or system freeze since , and that freeze was when i tried to access Elite from the BO2 menu

I know a patch or something will(should) be released, but if you are like me wanting to play the game now, maybe this will help you, but before you go out blindly and create a DMZ read up on it and understand what it is, and how to protect other connections you may have....i am lucky i know a little bit about tech, and have a freind who knows a LOT so i picked his brain before i did so

Hope this might help some of you 

Out1
5 REPLIES 5

Not me. I already had my console in a DMZ and it still freezes up constantly. So much so that I'm not even trying to play anymore.

Bleak51701

sorry dude.....I know how pizzed off it can make you,  i think i have two or three holes in my wall from throwing the controller.....my wife now gives me "THAT LOOK" when i play the game, and i have purchased a bucket of sheetrock mud to do more patching until the game gets fixed correctly

Out1

I know how you feel, mw3 cost me several controllers and some nice wall scars

You can't cure stupid, but you can sedate it.
Blood, Sweat and Beers.
gambit1969 Level 72

assuming the 1969 in your name is the year you were born, (I was born in 1962) i can only grin when i look at the wall dents and think if my Daughter had do that when she was a kid, i would have spanked her and grounded her to her room for a night or two........ From the words of Mel Brooks   "its good to be king" LOL

Out1

Assumption correct, its funny how now matter how old you get little things can still bring out the inner 4 year old in us all...haha

And yes it is good to be the king, except when the queen is around then she is the boss...lol

You can't cure stupid, but you can sedate it.
Blood, Sweat and Beers.
gambit1969 Level 72

Studios