Mute all players instantly

SOLVED

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

Can anyone who owns Black Ops 2 for PS3 confirm this option exists? I remember David Vonderhaar tweeting about that. I'm just sick of kids yelling at me/using strong language and ruining my experience with the game. I know I can just mute players manually but that gets very annoying after a period of time and everytime someone joins after I have to check the scoreboard and hit mute again.

As silly as it may sound to you, but this ''feature'' will decide whether I am going to buy the game or not as I do not own a headset with seperate voice control and I don't plan on buying one because I generally play alone.

Thanks in advance!

hotdogguy123
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
in reply to hotdogguy123
Solution

Yes pressing square in lobby lets you mute all players not in your party

cookiedood
8 REPLIES 8

Still no answer? It's really important to me.

hotdogguy123
in reply to hotdogguy123
Solution

Yes pressing square in lobby lets you mute all players not in your party

cookiedood

I already know that. I'm looking for a permanent solution. In MW3 you could just turn the voice volume all the way down in the menu and never had to worry about muting someone again. I know that Black Ops 2 is made by Treyarch but I think that feature is not to hard to implement. I've been waiting for this since Black Ops 1. Thanks anyway.

hotdogguy123

go into audio settings and just disable input.

josh1073

Huh?  I'd love to just mute everybody...when I mean everybody, I mean every match every person.  I don't want to have to hit the "mute all but party" each and every time I start a match.  I'd say 99% of people who have mikes are complete ass hats and I don't want to listen to them.  In MW3 you could do that, but turning the voice volume all the way down.  When you say "Disable Input" I don't see that in BO2. 

Goatie612

YEA YOU CAN MUTE ALL IF YOU WANT I TRYED IT YESERDAY LOL AND IT WORK AND IF YOU WERE IN A PARTY YOU CAN MUTE ALL EXCEPTED YOUR FRIEND I THINK THAT KOOL

TOXICDEAN

Agreed, it is so annoying that you cannot mute ALL PLAYERS ALL THE TIME.

Please add this feature to an upcoming patch...

red_tx

Wow - Just signed up to contribute to this thread.. where is the mute option?

I have read everything but still cant believe its not there.

The last time I was on all I could hear was some universally challenged young retard swearing non stop. Yes, I know I can manually mute these infestations but even a few seconds of him was intollerable and quite depressing that I have to share the same planet.

If ever anyone knows of one simple reason why they havent included this I would like to know. It is so obvious that its omission must have some purpose I think... not sure what..

GobiL

Studios