Matchmaking patch lasted long

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

Wow one day full english lobbies game was play better not great but better now i search on best takes about 4 seconds to find a game and its full of greece players handing out insta deaths on the house

We want the lag comp sorted but they carn't even make a matchmaking patch your now what my Geographical Region is because its right there on my screen when i press select theres no point in making me play against them because they carn't find a game i just will not play and they still will not find a game.

theraven_
3 REPLIES 3

Well, not all country's Internet infrastructure is created equal and I think this is a huge issue that they are trying to figure out (hopefully). Some governments have strict controls on Internet use and speed. I these factors were overlooked when they thought about a "global" MP game. Especially P2P and not dedicated servers.

ZvErS

zvers wrote:

Well, not all country's Internet infrastructure is created equal and I think this is a huge issue that they are trying to figure out (hopefully). Some governments have strict controls on Internet use and speed. I these factors were overlooked when they thought about a "global" MP game. Especially P2P and not dedicated servers.

This is something that no one really wants to talk about, buts its very true. Our precious Internet connection is mirrored with issues from proximity, BW, speed, quality, in home usage, etc.

But I can attest that I life in Florida, pay for a quality connection, I do not use the Internet or turn off all PC's while gaming and I still suffer from terrible latency. It feels like the game simply cannot figure out how to best connect me.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Izjar11 Level 75

There was another thread yesterday started by players in Venezuela and they were complaining about not finding games and lagging like crazy when playing only against fellow countrymen. We all know that many industry's in that country are state owned and usually state owned means tight controls and rationing of resources. Plus who knows if they even have fiber optic cables in that country. These kinds of differences will cause havoc to a global game like this IMO.

ZvErS

Studios