Locking Discussions? Calling them "tin foil"

Black Ops II PlayStation 3

Now all of us are pretty pissed off about PS3 being down after we FINALLY get Nuketown. Which is completely ridiculous. You have two billion dollar companies screwing the consumer, the same consumer that keeps them alive. Not only did we all spend $60 on the game, but also $50 for the season pass. (Or if you bought it in another way)

Anyways, I seen another discussion locked and the moderator calling these "tin foil" theories. As if we are stupid, and can't discuss what we want. WE ARE PAYING CUSTOMERS!!! We are being screwed. We paid for a product, which we have yet to receive. We were promised a said date, which is untrue. We have done our part. We paid our money and still haven't received our product. If you go to Walmart, purchase something, and they say "well you can't have this yet, but still give us your money" That is ILLEGAL!!!! So when us, as paying costumers, not only can't rant, but also get isulted. That is comletely wrong.

We are all being screwed and insulted, and they don't give a damn.

baslegend
5 REPLIES 5

Yeah, they are a bit quick to delete threads around here.  Some need ending and the occasional post needs deleting, but deleting the whole thread, regardless of any useful information contained??  They make a rod for their own backs though when they keep us in the dark and wont give us any information.  People tend to speculate and make up their own in the absence of information..  It would be mush easier to treat us with some respect and say 'we made a massive error with the store and everyone hates it so we're redesigning it, only it doesn't work'.

Hamster_Bothere

Ps3 is a mistress in the night. I had an issue contacted activision support they just copy and pasted the script (90% had nothing to do with my issue) and the chat was set to problem solved without me giving a response. They have our cash they are not bothered as sony dose not pay sponsorship fees.

But i get my own back one verbatim and skidrow at a time =).

josh1073

seriously? An employee of this company called a customer and forum user who posted tin-foil hat? This is very poor form for a moderator.

I don't see it as that much of a stretch. It's all over the news that the video game industry (especially consoles) are suffering massively this year. The worst in the past few decades I believe. Call of Duty has been the only saving grace this past quarter.

No I don't find it "tin-foil" or "conspiracy theory" to make the connection that if Activision screwed something up they would have enough sway to shut PSN store down for a few days.

The deletions and name calling by activision/treyarch employees makes it seem even more suspicious IMO

splyke

The moderator called the thread a tin foil post because it was about his theory that the release of nuketown zombies and the PSN being down for maintanance at the same time a conspiracy against players..

You can't cure stupid, but you can sedate it.
Blood, Sweat and Beers.
gambit1969 Level 73
Highlighted

baslegend wrote:

Now all of us are pretty pissed off about PS3 being down after we FINALLY get Nuketown. Which is completely ridiculous. You have two billion dollar companies screwing the consumer, the same consumer that keeps them alive. Not only did we all spend $60 on the game, but also $50 for the season pass. (Or if you bought it in another way)

Anyways, I seen another discussion locked and the moderator calling these "tin foil" theories. As if we are stupid, and can't discuss what we want. WE ARE PAYING CUSTOMERS!!! We are being screwed. We paid for a product, which we have yet to receive. We were promised a said date, which is untrue. We have done our part. We paid our money and still haven't received our product. If you go to Walmart, purchase something, and they say "well you can't have this yet, but still give us your money" That is ILLEGAL!!!! So when us, as paying costumers, not only can't rant, but also get isulted. That is comletely wrong.

We are all being screwed and insulted, and they don't give a damn.

Here's the thread in reference: http://community.activision.com/message/413941947#413941947

Conspiracy theories are not productive. I'm quite lax on the PS3 sub-forum at the moment because I understand that having limited to no online service is a pain the rear. That said, I'm not going to allow toxic discussion on the board when I encounter it.

You're also mistaken if you believe that you can discuss "what you want." - We have some pretty clear outlines in our Black Ops 2 Community Etiquette & Guidelines and we can also remove content that we need to, at our sole discretion, due to the Terms of Use that you agreed to.

In closing. Me calling a conspiracy tin-foil is not me calling someone stupid or anything similar to that.

Foxhound-Pro | Chief Forum Moderator

Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3, & Black Ops II

Moderator Moderator

Studios